An Andalusian Gentleman
|An Andalusian Gentleman|
|Directed by||Luis Lucia|
|Produced by||Benito Perojo|
|Written by||Jesús María de Arozamena |
José Luis Colina
|Starring||Jorge Mistral |
|Music by||Juan Quintero|
|Cinematography||Antonio L. Ballesteros |
|Edited by||José Antonio Rojo|
Producciones Benito Perojo
|8 October 1954|
A former bullfighter, desolated after the dead of his son, finds a little hope in Esperanza, a young gypsy girl that earns money hardly for her family.
When he realizes that Esperanza is blind and that the gypsies are never educated, he decides to build a school.
There are six songs in the film.
- Jorge Mistral as Juan Manuel de Almodóvar
- Carmen Sevilla as Esperanza 'Colorín'
- Manuel Luna as Don Elías, el párroco
- Julia Caba Alba as Dolores
- José Isbert as Joaquín
- Casimiro Hurtado as Curro
- Bobby Deglané as Locutor de radio (voice)
- José Prada as Agregado militar
- Irene Caba Alba as Señora Acacia
- Jaime Blanch as José Luis de Almodóvar
- Valeriano Andrés as Doctor
- Francisco Bernal as Espectador en la plaza
- Ricardo Blasco as Espectador en la plaza
- Rafael Cortés as Oculista
- José Luis López Vázquez
- Antonio Ozores as Espectador en la plaza
- Francisco Pierrá as Empresario
- Mira p.280
- Mira, Alberto. The A to Z of Spanish Cinema. Rowman & Littlefield, 2010.