This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021)
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) is a national organization of nurses in the United States that is dedicated to advancing nursing education. It was established in 1969, and represents nursing schools at 840 universities and colleges in the United States.
|Headquarters||655 K Street, NW|
Washington, D.C., United States
|Susan Bakewell-Sachs, PhD, RN, FAAN|
|Deborah E. Trautman, PhD, RN|
Newsletters and publicationsEdit
To view a list of AACN's Newsletters and Publications visit: www.aacnnursing.org/News-Information/Newsletters.
Board of DirectorsEdit
- Chair: Cynthia McCurren, University of Michigan-Flint
- Chair-Elect: Jean Giddens, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Treasurer: Lin Zhan, University of California-Los Angeles
- Secretary: Julie Sanford, DNS, RN, FAAN, University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Stephen Cavanagh, PhD, MPA, RN, FACHE, FAAN, University of California-Davis
- Deborah J. Jones, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Jerry Mansfield, PhD, MS, RN, NEA-BC, Mount Carmel Health
- Susan Mullaney, UnitedHealth Group
- Victoria Niederhauser, University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Demetrius J. Porche, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Ora Strickland, PhD, RN, FAAN, Florida International University
- Christine Verni, Niagara University
President and Chief Executive Officer (ex officio): Deborah E. Trautman
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing offers a number of different scholarships to nursing students around the country for outstanding academic performance, students who aspire to leadership positions in academic nursing, and/or those who are committed to making a positive impact on the nation's health and health care. They have partnered with companies like CastleBranch, Liaison, Uniform Advantage, aftercollege, and Hurst Review to provide thousands of dollars in scholarships each year to students that apply and meet the requirements. Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, they have also started a scholarship program to help students that need financial support in order to complete their nursing programs and/or meet life expenses. Since the program was started in April 2020, they have disbursed a total of 158 awards.
- "About AACN". www.aacnnursing.org. Retrieved 25 March 2021.
- "CastleBranch-GNSA Scholarship". www.aacnnursing.org. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "Higher Education Admissions & Enrollment | LiaisonEDU". Liaison International. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "Uniform Advantage Scholarship | American Association of Colleges of Nursing". www.uniformadvantage.com. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "AfterCollege > AfterCollege/AACN $10,000 Scholarship Fund". www.aftercollege.com. Retrieved 2022-03-04.
- "Hurst Review". Hurst Review Services, Inc. Retrieved 2022-03-04.