Alton Lane is an American menswear company founded in 2009 by Colin Hunter and Peyton Jenkins, graduates of the University of Virginia. Alton Lane offers modern bespoke suits, blazers, trousers, tuxedos, and shirts. The company is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, and its suits are produced in Germany, Italy, and Thailand. Alton lane uses a combination of 3D body scanners and hand measurements to produce fully custom clothing.
In 2015, Alton Lane raised $7.5 million to fund expansion.
Alton Lane has showrooms in New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., Richmond, Virginia Dallas, Chicago, and San Francisco, with future locations being built in Nashville, Savannah, Georgia, and Charlottesville, Virginia.
Alton Lane operates on an appointment-only basis. Each client is measured using a 3D scanner. Clients select a style and fabric for their garment, and the measurements are sent to the manufacturer in Massachusetts where the clothing is made. In approximately 4–6 weeks, the garments are delivered directly to the showroom and the client is invited back to the showroom for a personal fitting.
- "STAGE TUBE: Actor Frankie Faison Chats Creative Process, Church, Theatre & More on STAY REGULAR". Broadway World, December 16, 2015
- "Shop aims to show customers a new lane". Michael Thompson February 13, 2014
- Kim Bhasin, "Custom Suit Startup Indochino Wants More Physical Stores". Bloomberg Business, December 8, 2015
- "Peter Chang headed for Scott’s Addition". Richmond Biz Sense, Michael Thompson May 5, 2015
- "Chicago-based tailor embraces craft of 'fully bespoke' suits". Chicago Tribune Apr 24, 2015
- Pilkington, Taylor (February 16, 2015). "Suit Yourself". Virginia Living. Cape Fear Publishing. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "Custom clothes maker pockets $7.5M in capital raise". Richmond BizSense. Michael Thompson December 9, 2015
- "Haute Spots: Shopping Boston’s Stylish Newbury Street". Haute Living, by Kellie Speed | May 13, 2015
- "Body Hug: Alton Lane takes a high-tech approach to designing the right fit for men.". Style Weekly. By Ned Oliver
- "Are these the best-dressed men in San Francisco?" By Maghan McDowell, November 14, 2014
- "A Fashion Hub Emerges At Nexus Of Jackson Square, FiDi And Chinatown". Hoodline
- "Here's What It's Like To Step Into A 3-D Body Scanner For A Custom-Made Suit". Fast Company.
- "Alton Lane: Savile Row Comes to Connecticut Avenue". Borderstan, December 7, 2011
- "A Fashion Hub Emerges At Nexus Of Jackson Square, FiDi And Chinatown". Hoodline.
- "Alton Lane's Unique Approach To Suits & Tips On How To Look Great in One [VIDEO, EXCLUSIVE]". By Anna Halkidis, EnStars on Oct 20, 2014