|Birth name||Ally Maclay|
|Date of birth||2 March 1984|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||105 kg (16 st 7 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union careerEdit
Maclay started out playing with the Glasgow Hawks at midi level. He then played with Stewart's Melville, while he was a PE student at Edinburgh. He returned to Hawks and won the Championship and Cup double in 2003-04 season. He also played for Sydney University and in Hong Kong with Valley rugby club. Maclay came back to play with the Glasgow Hawks from 2013.
Maclay was in the Glasgow Warriors back-up squad for the 2004-05 season. He played in the Warriors match against Newcastle Falcons on the 20 September 2004 at Hughenden Stadium scoring a try in this match in a 26 - 21 victory for the Glasgow side.
Maclay came through the age-grades for Scotland playing at U16, U18, U19 and U21 grades. He moved to Hong Kong where he became eligible and represented both the Hong Kong national side and the Hong Kong 7s national side.
Maclay was the victim of an assault which ended up in the Scottish court and made various newspaper headlines. A Halloween night-out with the Glasgow Hawks and Glasgow Warriors players in October 2013 ended in a takeaway restaurant.
Being Halloween, the rugby stars were in fancy dress. Maclay, dressed as Tweedledee, interjected in a dispute between fellow Hawks player Gavin Quinn and Warriors and Scotland international Ryan Wilson.
Wilson was fined £750 for assaulting both Quinn and Maclay by the Glasgow Sheriff court.
- "Ally Maclay". old.glasgowhawks.com.
- "MacLay returns to scene of past success - Scottish Rugby Union". www.scottishrugby.org.
- "Glasgow'S Victory In Development Match - Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.org.
- "Glasgow Warriors - Glasgow v Newcastle". www.glasgowwarriors.com.
- "Glasgow Warriors - Glasgow Hawks v Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.com.
- "Ally Maclay gives evidence in assault case". www.scotsman.com.
- "'An unprovoked assault was made to look like clowns in fancy dress involved in a brawl'". HeraldScotland.
- McAnally, Ashlie (19 January 2015). "Court hears rugby star was KO'd in Halloween attack while dressed as Tweedledee".
- Scott, David (28 January 2015). "Scotland rugby star guilty of assault while dressed as Batman".
- "Rugby player dressed as batman 'was grabbed first'". Evening Times.
- "Batman rugby player fined for assault". Evening Times.