Alltrans was an Australian logistics company. Established in 1950 by Peter Abeles and George Rockey with two second-hand trucks, its first contract was in Broken Hill. In 1966 a 35% share in the business was purchased by William Baird & Co of Scotland.
|Fate||Merged with Thomas Nationwide Transport|
In 1967 it merged with Thomas Nationwide Transport to form TNT-Alltrans. By this stage it operated 500 trucks and had a presence in New Zealand.
The Alltrans name continued to be used when in 1969 Walkup's Merchants Express in the United States was purchased by TNT-Alltrans and renamed Alltrans Express. In 1983 TNT named a ship TNT Alltrans.
- ^ Peter Abeles, 75, a Leader In Australia's Business World New York Times 28 June 1999
- ^ a b Obituary: Sir Peter Ables The Independent 8 July 1999
- ^ Share of Alltrans to UK Canberra Times 8 June 1966 page 26
- ^ More British money in Aust firms Truck & Bus Transportation July 1966 page 215
- ^ TNT, Alltrans plan to merge Canberra Times 25 April 1967 page 11
- ^ Merger of transport groups forms largest Aust company Truck & Bus Transportation June 1967 page 104
- ^ History TNT
- ^ Australian transport group expands overseas interests Freight & Container Transportation January 1970 page 9
- ^ Star Carrier Baltic Shipping
- ^ Grounding of TNT Alltrans in the Great Barrier Reef Australian Transport Safety Bureau