This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Reference problems (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alltech is an American company, headquartered in Nicholasville, Kentucky, with operations in animal feed, meat, brewing, and distilling. Alltech develops agricultural products for use in both livestock and crop farming, as well as products for the food industry. Alltech operates under three main divisions: animal nutrition and health; crop science; and, food and beverage.
|Industry||Animal health and nutrition, crop science, beverages|
|Founded||Nicholasville, Kentucky, United States 1980|
|Pearse Lyons Founder; Deirdre Lyons, Co-Founder; Mark Lyons, President|
Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company
Alltech was founded by biochemist Pearse Lyons in 1980 in Lexington, Kentucky. Lyons was born in Dundalk, Ireland and was educated in University College Dublin and the University of Birmingham, England, where he received a PhD in the biochemistry of yeast. In 1980, he founded Alltech and the company began to supply biotechnology-derived ingredients to the livestock and poultry feed industry. The company opened its first international office, in Ireland, in 1981. In 1994, Alltech opened its first Asia-Pacific office in Beijing, China. Alltech opened a European Bioscience and Marketing Centre facility in Dunboyne, Co. Meath in 2009.
Lexington Brewing and Distilling CompanyEdit
In 1999, Lyons reopened the Lexington Brewing Company. In 2011, Lyons launched Town Branch Bourbon, named after the waterway on which Lexington is founded. In 2012, Alltech announced it would establish a whiskey distillery in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow, Ireland.
Alltech FEI World Equestrian GamesEdit
Alltech became the first title sponsor of the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games, the biggest sport horse event in the world, reputedly at a cost of $32m. The company is also the title sponsor of the 2014 Games, in Normandy, France, during end of August and beginning of September.
- "Company Overview of Alltech". Inc. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Irish America". Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Company Overview of Alltech". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Farm Tours". Dairy Solutions Symposium. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "The Irish Times Top 1000 Our Guide to Irish Businesses". The Irish Times. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Alltech picks up business award". The Meath Chronicle. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Alltech opens in Dunboyne". Irish Independent. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Alltech to offer beef, poultry products". MeatPoultry.com. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Alltech announces new brand: Lyons Farm beef and poultry". Kentucky.com. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Maker of Town Branch joins Kentucky Bourbon Trail". Fox News. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. joins Kentucky Bourbon Trail". The Lane Report. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Official says Lexington's bourbon distillery is a 'grand slam' for city". Kentucky.com. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Look out Brown-Forman: Alltech adds Town Branch Bourbon to its line of whiskey, beers and liqueur". InsiderLouisville.com. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Alltech planning $40 million expansions of distillery, Nicholasville HQ". lanereport.com. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "US whiskey maker moves to Ireland". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Carlow Brewing / Alltech Distillery". liquidirish.com. Retrieved 23 June 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Alltech ships whiskey stills from Kentucky to Ireland". www.smallbusinesscan.com. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Alltech ships whiskey stills from Kentucky to Ireland". smallbusinesscan.com. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Alltech Signs As Title Sponsor Of 2014 WEG". Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Alltech Signs for Title Sponsorship of 2014 World Equestrian Games". www.eurodressage.com. Retrieved 7 August 2011.