This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Allot Ltd., formerly Allot Communications, is a multinational with offices and subsidiaries in many countries across the world. Allot is a provider of security and monetization products. Allot solutions include Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology to change broadband pipes into smart networks offering complete network visibility, application control and subscriber management. In 2016, the company reported $90.4 million in revenue.
|Public (NASDAQ: ALLT; TASE: ALLT)|
|CEO: Erez Antebi|
CFO: Alberto Sessa
EVP Sales: Ran Fridman
SVP R&D: Nir Pery
SVP Customer Success: Keren Rubanenko
|Products||Security, Analytics, Traffic Management and Optimization Platforms|
|Revenue||US$ 90.4 million (2016)|
|Total equity||US$ 157.3 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Allot was founded in 1996, by Michael Shurman and Yigal Jacoby, who served as chief executive and chairman until 2006. Jacoby previously founded Armon Networking, a manufacturer of RMON-based network management solutions, which was sold to Bay Networks for $33 million in 1996.
By 2004, Allot raised $38 million in several rounds of funding from several venture capital funds, including: Genesis Partners, Gemini, Walden Israel, JAFCO Investment, BancBoston Capital, Jerusalem Venture Partners, and Tamar Technology Ventures.
In November 2006, Allot became a publicly traded company on the Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol ALLT. The IPO raised $78 million. In November 2010, Allot's dual listing on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange was approved.
Allot partnered with Openet in January 2011 to optimize monetization of mobile broadband networks. Allot was featured on the Deloitte Fast 50 list in 2014 for a 131% growth between 2009 and 2013. Allot joined the HP OpenNFV Partner Program in July 2015, allowing it to expand its Traffic Detection Function and security services onto the HP OpenNFV platform.
Nokia Networks partnered with Allot in January 2016 to enhance visibility, control and security for Swisscom. Later that year, Allot partnered with Intel Security to release McAfee Unified Security Powered by Allot which focused on end-to-end security capabilities. Telefónica partnered with Allot in February 2017 to improve user experience and enhance its network-based security services. Also in 2017, the company announced partnerships with several Russian satellite network operators.
In the NewsEdit
In 2011, it was reported that equipment sold by Allot has illegally reached Iran. However, in January 2012 Allot was cleared by the Ministry of Defense of any wrongdoing, as the investigation concluded that the company was unaware that the internet monitoring equipment it sold to the Danish distributor ended up in Iranian hands. Also in 2011, Allot settled a class-action lawsuit regarding securities fraud involving its stock whereby it agreed to pay $1.3 million (USD).
In September 2002, Allot acquired NetReality, a provider of network application priority switches (NAPS), in order to enhance its quality of service (QoS) and bandwidth management solutions. Allot acquired Esphion, a New Zealand–based developer of network protection solutions for carriers and Internet service providers, in January 2008. The acquisition expanded Allot's mitigation of security threats with the addition of isolation and remedy of infected subscribers and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack prevention. In May 2012, Allot acquired Ortiva Wireless, a San Diego-based developer of video traffic optimization equipment. Allot acquired Oversi Networks, a provider of rich-media caching and content delivery solutions for Internet video and peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic, in July 2012. In March 2015, Allot acquired global IT security company Optenet which expanded the company's security-as-a-service offerings. In January 2018, Allot acquired Netonomy Ltd., a developer of software-based cyber security for the connected home.
Allot provides network intelligence solutions and network-based security products for Communication Service Providers (CSPs) of mobile broadband, wireless broadband, mobile satellite service, and DSL carriers, as well as enterprises. Allot's portfolio of hardware platforms and software applications employs DPI to turn broadband pipes into smart networks, so that value-added Internet services can be rapidly deployed. Released in 2009, Allot Service Gateway-Sigma was designed to increase subscriber Quality of Experience (QoE) with the ability to generate additional revenue streams.
In 2014, Allot released the Allot Service Gateway Tera as a unified framework for physical and virtual deployment across access networks. In December 2014, Allot unveiled Allot Cloud Access Optimization, designed for enterprises and cloud managed service providers, which has three levels of coverage and can be used with Office 365 and adds visibility, control and security to applications.
Allot SmartEngage, designed to enhance company engagement with subscribers, was launched in February 2015. SmartEngage uses Allot Service Gateway's traffic awareness feature to suggest content based on browsing activity.
In May 2015, Vodafone Germany announced its deployment of Allot WebSafe Personal, a network-based Security-as-a-Service offering designed for mobile users as well as small and medium business clients, which includes anti-malware and parental control options. Later that same year, Allot released the Allot Service Gateway-Virtual Edition (Allot SG-VE). The original Service Gateway was introduced in 2007 to improve efficiency and monetization options for companies. The new framework integrates the Gateway framework with a virtual network to remove physical hardware constraints. In February 2016, Allot released the Allot Service Gateway 9500, expanding its capabilities to include enterprises, data centers, and service providers. In June 2016, the Belgian cable company, VOO, announced that it began using Allot Service Gateway Tera and Allot ServiceProtector for network traffic visibility, analytics, and security, along with Allot's CMTS to manage congestion and QoS assurance. In 2017, Allot released the Allot Secure Service Gateway built on the Allot Service Gateway, utilizing real-time application-based traffic monitoring and analytics to deliver granular application level visibility and ensure higher QoE for users. Allot SSG combines application-based visibility and control with web security that protects against DDoS attacks, phishing, and other threats.
- "Allot Ltd. Form 20-F". Allot Communications. 31 December 2016. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Grigonis, Richard (March 17, 2009), "Allot Communications' Sigma Service Gateway", TMCnet.com
- Dar, Zuri (2004-08-25), "Allot Communications wraps up $8 million financing round", The Marker, Archived from the original on 2011-07-13CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Bay Networks acquires Armon Networking", Israel Business Today, March 24, 1996, archived from the original on November 2, 2012
- Krawitz, Avi (November 17, 2006). "Allot raises $78m. in Nasdaq listing". The Jerusalem Post.
- "Form 6-K". Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Allot, Openet teamup for policy management". Openet. January 20, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Technology Fast50 Israel 2014" (PDF). Deloitte. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Paula Bernier (July 29, 2015). "Allot Brings Virtual Traffic Detection to HP OpenNFV". NFV Zone. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Allot Communications Offers Security for HP OpenNFV Cloud". Pipeline. July 30, 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Gina Narcisi (January 4, 2016). "Wheeling And Dealing: Top 6 Telecom Moves Impacting The Channel In December". CRN. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- Ian Barker (August 2, 2016). "New security solution offers anytime, anywhere user protection". Beta News. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Telefonica Picks Allot Communications For Network Security". Telecompaper. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Allot Selected by a Leading Satellite Network Operator in Russia". Digitalisation World. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Israeli company sold surveillance equipment to Iran", Haaretz, December 23, 2011
- Elgin, Ben (23 December 2011). "Israel Didn't Know High-Tech Gear Was Sent to Iran". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Defense Ministry closes probe into Allot's alleged Iran sales". Globes.
- "Allot Communications Ltd Investor Securities Class Action Lawsuit". Shareholders Foundation.
- "NetReality acquired by Allot Communications". Telecompaper. 15 November 2002. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Allot Acquires Esphion", Light Reading, January 3, 2008
- "Allot Snaps Up Ortiva Wireless", Light Reading, May 1, 2012
- Allot posts 43% revenue rise; buys Oversi Networks, Globes, 31 July 2012
- "Allot Communications completes acquisition of Optenet's Operations". Reuters. 24 March 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- Shiri Habib-Valdhorn (24 February 2015). "Allot acquires IT security co Optenet for $38m". Globes. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Allot Communications To Acquire Security-As-Service Solution Operations". Jewish Business News. 24 February 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Allot supplies Service Gateway Tera 100 GBE solution to new Tier-1 fixed-line operator in APAC". Optical Keyhole.
- Tara Neal. "Allot Communications Unveils Cloud Access Optimization Solution with Support for Microsoft Office 365". The Fast Mode.
- "Allot Launches Cloud Access Optimization Suite". Channel Vision.
- "Allot launches SmartEngage to monetise subscriber engagement". Vanilla Plus.
- "Allot Launches SmartEngage to Help CSPs with Better Monetization". The Fast Mode.
- Gil Tanenbaum. "Vodafone Germany makes Web Surfing Secure With Allot WebSafe Personal". Jewish Business News.
- "Allot powers Vodafone Germany's Secure Net offering". Telecom Lead.
- Paula Bernier. "Allot Introduces Virtual Edition of Service Gateway". NFV Zone.
- Christopher Mohr. "Allot Releases SG-9500 Appliance with Powerful Features for Providers and Enterprises". InfoTech Spotlight.
- "VOO deploys solutions from Cisco, Allot". TeleGeography.
- "Allot Communications Secure Service Gateway (SSG)". Networking Plus. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- "Sophisticated DDoS Attacks Drives Service Providers to Seek a More Optimal and Efficient Mitigation Approach". Frost & Sullivan. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.