This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Allina Health is a not-for-profit health care system based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. Allina Health owns or operates 12 hospitals and more than 90 clinics throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. In addition Allina Medical Transportation covers 8 regions and over 80 communities providing medical dispatch, 911 pre-arrival instructions, and emergency and non-emergency ambulance response. Allina Health employed 29,382 employees in 2018. In February 2012, Allina Hospitals and Clinics announced that it was changing its name to Allina Health. Allina Health's new name is designed to reflect a new mission that shifts the emphasis away from places that people go when they are sick and onto disease prevention and personal vitality. On February 9, 2021, a mass shooting and bombing occurred at an Allina Health clinic in Buffalo, Minnesota, leaving four people critically injured and one person killed.
|Type||Nonprofit Health Care Provider|
Number of employees
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Buffalo Hospital, located in Buffalo, Minnesota
- Cambridge Medical Center, located in Cambridge, Minnesota
- District One Hospital, Located in Faribault, Minnesota
- Mercy Hospital - Mercy Campus, located in Coon Rapids, Minnesota
- Mercy Hospital - Unity Campus, located in Fridley, Minnesota
- New Ulm Medical Center, located in New Ulm, Minnesota
- Owatonna Hospital, located in Owatonna, Minnesota
- Phillips Eye Institute, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Regina Hospital, located in Hastings, Minnesota
- River Falls Area Hospital, located in River Falls, Wisconsin
- St. Francis Regional Medical Center, located in Shakopee, Minnesota
- United Hospital, located in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Allina Health Clinic
- Aspen Medical Group and Quello Clinic are now Allina Health Clinics
- Abbott Northwestern Center for Outpatient Care Edina, Minnesota
- Abbott Northwestern – Westhealth Plymouth, Minnesota
- Elk Ridge – Elk River, Minnesota
Allina Home Oxygen and Medical EquipmentEdit
Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment has provided oxygen, medical supplies and equipment for clients including children, adults and seniors with varying needs.
Allina Home CareEdit
Allina Home Care provides support, knowledge and assistance to help keep patients independent in the comfort of home.
Chronic and advanced illnessEdit
Provides services including Care Navigation Help Desk, Advance care planning, Palliative care, Hospice care, & SeniorCare Transitions
Founded in 2003, the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing is the largest health system based integrative medicine center in the United States.
Allina Emergency Medical Services (EMS)Edit
Allina EMS provides a variety of medical transportation services around the state of Minnesota.