Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) is a trade association based in Sherman Oaks, California that represents over 350 American television and film production companies in collective bargaining negotiations with entertainment industry trade unions that include, among others, SAG-AFTRA, the Directors Guild of America, the Writers Guild of America, West, the Writers Guild of America, East, the American Federation of Musicians, and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
|Industry||Entertainment (Film & Television Production)|
|Predecessor||Association of Motion Picture Producers|
|Carol Lombardini (President)|
The AMPTP was founded in 1924 as the Association of Motion Picture Producers, or AMPP. According to The Film Encyclopedia, "it was renamed the Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers in 1964 to reflect its merger with the Alliance of Television Film Producers [founded in 1951]. In 1975, two members of the Association, Paramount and Universal, left to form a new organization, the Alliance. In 1982, the Alliance and AMPTP. merged to form the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers."
As the entertainment industry's official collective bargaining representative, the AMPTP, like the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), is a key trade association for major film and television producers in the United States. The AMPTP currently negotiates 80 industry-wide collective bargaining agreements on behalf of over 350 motion picture and television producers. AMPTP member companies include the major motion picture studios (including Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures), the principal broadcast television networks (including ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC), certain cable television networks, and other independent film and television production companies.
As of February 2019, the President is Carol Lombardini.
- "Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) Records".
- Bognar, Desi K. (1999). International Dictionary of Broadcasting and Film. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 1136054014. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Katz, Ephraim; Nolen, Ronald Dean (2013). The Film Encyclopedia (7th ed.). Harper Collins. ISBN 0062277111. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "Filmmaker IQ: A Guide to Hollywood Unions".
- Los Angeles Times obituary
- "DGA: 70 Years of Milestones".
- "Lew Wasserman at 80".
- "The Movie Mystique: Moguls to Munchies". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 10, 2015.
- Liberatore, Paul (2014-07-11). "Retired CBS president Richard Jencks of Mill Valley dies at 93". Marin Independent Journal. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Official website
- Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) records, Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|