Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers
The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) is a trade association based in Sherman Oaks, California that represents over 350 American television and film production companies in collective bargaining negotiations with entertainment industry trade unions that include, among others, SAG-AFTRA, the Directors Guild of America, the Writers Guild of America, West, the Writers Guild of America, East, the American Federation of Musicians, and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
|Industry||Entertainment (Film & Television Production)|
|Predecessor||Association of Motion Picture Producers|
|Headquarters||Sherman Oaks, California|
|Carol Lombardini (President)|
The AMPTP was founded in 1924 as the Association of Motion Picture Producers, or AMPP. As the entertainment industry's official collective bargaining representative, the AMPTP, like the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), is a key trade association for major film and television producers in the United States. The AMPTP currently negotiates 80 industry-wide collective bargaining agreements on behalf of over 350 motion picture and television producers. AMPTP member companies encompass the major motion picture studios (including Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal Pictures, Walt Disney Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures), the principal broadcast television networks (including ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC), certain cable television networks and other independent film and television production companies.
The current President is Carol Lombardini.
- "Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) Records".
- "Filmmaker IQ: A Guide to Hollywood Unions".
- Los Angeles Times obituary
- "DGA: 70 Years of Milestones".
- "Lew Wasserman at 80".
- "The Movie Mystique: Moguls to Munchies". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 10, 2015.
- Liberatore, Paul (2014-07-11). "Retired CBS president Richard Jencks of Mill Valley dies at 93". Marin Independent Journal. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Official website
- Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) records, Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|