All My Friends Say
"All My Friends Say" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Luke Bryan. It originally appeared on his 2006 self-titled EP, and was released in January 2007 as his debut single and the first for his 2007 debut album I'll Stay Me. The song became Bryan's first chart entry, spending more than 30 weeks on US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, where it reached a peak of number 5. The song also crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100 chart, reaching 59. Bryan co-wrote this song with Jeff Stevens and Lonnie Wilson.
|"All My Friends Say"|
|Single by Luke Bryan|
|from the album I'll Stay Me|
|Released||January 22, 2007|
|Luke Bryan singles chronology|
This up-tempo country-rock song tells the story of a man who has just woken up after a night of drinking at a bar, unable to remember what he had been doing in that bar and unaware of how he arrived home. In an attempt to find out what happened, he asks several of his friends, all of whom tell him that he began drinking heavily upon seeing his former lover with another man.
Regarding the song, Bryan said, "It's one of those songs that people just seem to relate to when they hear it. It's about waking up in a rocking chair somewhere and wondering what in the heck went on the night before. It's about seeing your ex in a bar with someone new... We've all been there and had those kinds of experiences."
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a B grade. He said the only problem with the song is the production. He then went on to say that "it tries a little too hard to show 'attitude', and ends up making Bryan’s vocal sound more timid than it actually is."
"All My Friends Say" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of February 10, 2007. On the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of August 18, 2007, the song debuted at number 90.
|US Billboard Hot 100||59|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||31|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Lounges, Tom (2007-08-31). "This Georgian just peachy to country fans". Munster (Indiana) Times. Archived from the original on 2012-09-05. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- Coyne, Kevin John (2007-01-25). "Luke Bryan - "All My Friends Say"". Country Universe. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Luke Bryan Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- "Luke Bryan Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Luke Bryan – All My Friends Say". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 17, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.