|Born||Alfred J. Menezes
1965 (age 51–52) 
|Alma mater||University of Waterloo (B.Math, 1987; M.Math, 1989; Ph.D., 1992)|
|Known for||Author, professor of Mathematics, cryptography, founder of Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research, MQV|
He received B.Math, M.Math, and Ph.D. degrees in mathematics from the University of Waterloo in 1987, 1989, and 1992, respectively.
Menezes is a professor in and the chair of the Department of Combinatorics & Optimization at the University of Waterloo. He is also the Managing Director of the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research.
- Alfred J. Menezes, Paul C. van Oorschot and Scott A. Vanstone (1996). Handbook of Applied Cryptography. CRC Press. ISBN 0-8493-8523-7.
- Hankerson, D.; Vanstone, S.; Menezes, A. (2004). Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography. Springer Professional Computing. New York: Springer. doi:10.1007/b97644. ISBN 0-387-95273-X.
- Alfred J. Menezes (1993). Elliptic Curve Public Key Cryptosystems. Kluwer Academic Publishers. ISBN 0-7923-9368-6.
- Alfred Menezes, Ian Blake, Shuhong Gao, Ron Mullin, Scott Vanstone, and Tomik Yaghoobian (1993). Applications of Finite Fields. Kluwer Academic Publishers. ISBN 0-7923-9282-5.
- Another look at tightness (with S. Chatterjee and P. Sarkar). Proceedings of SAC 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7118 (2012), 293-319. Revised version.
- Parallelizing the Weil and Tate pairings (with D. Aranha, E. Knapp and F. Rodriguez-Henriquez) Cryptography and Coding 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7089 (2011), 275-295.
- Discrete logarithms, Diffie-Hellman, and reductions (with N. Koblitz and I. Shparlinski) Vietnam Journal of Mathematics, 39 (2011), 267-285.
- S. Blake-Wilson and A. Menezes, "Authenticated Diffie-Hellman key agreement protocols", Proceedings of the 5th Annual Workshop on Selected Areas in Cryptography, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1556, 339-361, 1999.
- S. Blake-Wilson and A. Menezes, "Unknown key-share attacks on the Station-to-Station (STS) protocol", Proceedings of Public Key Cryptography '99, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1560, 154-170, March 1999.
- D. Johnson and A. Menezes, "The elliptic curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA)", Technical report CORR 99-34, Department of C&O, University of Waterloo, August 1999.
- A. Menezes and P. van Oorschot, "Information theory, coding theory and cryptology", Handbook of Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics, CRC Press, 1999, pages 889-954.
- S. Blake-Wilson and A. Menezes, "Entity authentication and authenticated key transport protocols employing asymmetric techniques", Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Security Protocols, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1361 (1998), 137-158.
- L. Law, A. Menezes, M. Qu, J. Solinas and S. Vanstone, "An efficient protocol for authenticated key agreement", Technical report CORR 98-05, Department of C&O, University of Waterloo, March 1998.
- A. Menezes, Y. Wu and R. Zuccherato, "An elementary introduction to hyperelliptic curves", appendix in Algebraic Aspects of Cryptography by Neal Koblitz, Springer-Verlag, 1998, pages 155-178.