Alexis Petridis (born 13 September 1971 in Sunderland) is a British journalist, head rock and pop critic for the UK newspaper The Guardian, as well as a regular contributor to the magazine GQ. In addition to his music writing for the paper, he has written a weekly column in the fashion section of The Guardian's Weekend section, as well as contributing to its "Lost in Showbiz" column.
Petridis was born in the north of England before moving to Buckinghamshire. After studying at Dr Challoner's Grammar School in Amersham, he began his writing career at the University of Cambridge writing for the student newspaper Varsity. He was the final editor of the now defunct music magazine Select.
He has won the "Record Reviews Writer of the Year" category at the Record of the Day awards eight times, every year from 2005 to 2012, as well as winning "Artist and Music Features: Writer of the year" in 2006 and "Best Music Writer" (as voted by students) in 2012.
- "Dellam Corporate Information Limited, England". Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Alexis Petridis Profile". London: guardian.co.uk. 26 September 2007. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Awards 2011". Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- Glendinning, Lee (21 November 2007). "Guardian has best music coverage for second year". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "Record of the Day Awards, November 2012". The Guardian. London. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Freeman, Hadley (16 October 2019). "Me by Elton John review – hilariously self-lacerating". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 17 October 2019.