He also served as Canon of Ely (1882 - 1903), Dean of Ely  (1906 -1936), Examining Chaplain to the Bishop of Winchester (1895 - 1903) and General Editor for Old Testament and Apocrypha of the Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges (1892 - 1929), to which he contributed the commentaries on 1 and 2 Samuel and the Psalms. In his introduction to the book of Psalms, he observed that "they repeat the whispers of the Spirit of God, they reflect the very light of the Eternal Wisdom".
- "Kirkpatrick, Alexander Francis (KRKK867AF)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Cambridgeshire History On The Net
- Richard Zuelch: Reiterations: Meditations Old and New on Christianity
- Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges: List of Volumes, Authors, and Dates, accessed 5 August 2017
- Kirkpatrick, A. F. (1906), The Book of Psalms, in the Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges series, accessed 27 September 2018
|Church of England titles|
| Dean of Ely
| Regius Professor of Hebrew, Cambridge University
R. H. Kennett
| Master of Selwyn College, Cambridge
Arthur James Mason
| Lady Margaret's Professor of Divinity
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|