Alexandra Gerrard (née Curran; born 23 September 1982) is an English model, fashion columnist for the Daily Mirror, and the wife of former Liverpool and England captain Steven Gerrard. She was described as a leading "WAG" of the England national football team, along with women such as Victoria Beckham and Coleen Rooney. In 2007, the Times referred to her, then Steven Gerrard's fiancée, as an "über-WAG". On 29 October 2007, she launched her own fragrance, named "Alex", which was one of the top sellers of 2007.
23 September 1982
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
A former nail technician, Curran was born in Aintree, Merseyside and raised in Maghull, and attended Maghull High School. Curran and Steven Gerrard have been a couple since 2002. Prior to her relationship with Gerrard, Curran was dating businessman Tony Richardson, while Gerrard was dating Jennifer Ellison. At some point in 2002, Curran and Ellison switched lovers; The Guardian wrote, "who stole whom off whom is still the subject of some debate and perhaps Ellison's autobiography".
On 11 December 2007, while husband Steven Gerrard was away playing with Liverpool, the couple's home was burgled while she and another female resident were inside. Curran was confronted by four masked robbers who were reportedly there for a £10,000 watch that Curran had bought for Gerrard for Christmas. On the same day she had mentioned the watch in Closer magazine. Gerrard was the sixth Liverpool player to be burgled while away playing football.
Curran was revealed as the model for the new 2013 Lipsy VIP Collection.
On 8 August 2006, Curran was arrested on suspicion of assault by Merseyside Police following a fight at the Shangri-La restaurant in Liverpool city centre. A teenage girl, also from Maghull, was struck in the face with a glass bottle during the altercation. Curran was released on bail until November 2006, and the charges were later dropped.
Curran was also involved in disagreement with singer Jamelia, who was previously engaged to footballer Darren Byfield. Jamelia described footballer wives as "leeches", and insulted Curran specifically: "God forbid if Alex Curran split up with Steve Gerrard. Who would she be then?" Curran responded in an interview with OK! magazine, "She'll be glad to know I don't know her boyfriend's name but Steven (Gerrard) thinks he's lower than a non-league player."
- The Internet Fashion Database Archived 16 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved and verified on 29 May 2011
- "tussling over the remote with his über-WAG fiancée" – Times Magazine, 17 February 2007
- Scents and Sensibility Archived 1 January 2009 at the Wayback Machine, Sunday Herald, 8 December 2007
- Lost in Showbiz, The Guardian, 25 May 2007
- Interview with Alex Curran, Sunday People, 13 May 2005 Online version
- Meet the real footballers' wives, The Guardian, 4 June 2006
- Carrick in Wedding Clash, Daily Mirror, 10 March 2007
- Corless, Liam. ""Our family is complete": Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard confirms wife Alex has given birth to their first son". Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Masked raiders confront Gerrard's wife in sixth raid on Liverpool players' homes, The Guardian, 13 December 2007
- "It's glam up north: WAGs and soap stars turn out in force at Alex Gerrard's fashion launch". Daily Mail. London. 17 September 2010.
- Gerrard's WAG arrested over bottle attack, Daily Mail, 12 August 2006
- The girl 'hit in the face with a bottle' by Gerrard's fiancee, Daily Mail, 13 August 2006
- People daily comment section, The Guardian, 4 October 2006