Alex Biryukov is a cryptographer, currently a full professor at the University of Luxembourg. His notable work includes the design of the stream cipher LEX, as well as the cryptanalysis of numerous cryptographic primitives. In 1998, he developed impossible differential cryptanalysis together with Eli Biham and Adi Shamir. In 1999, he developed the slide attack together with David Wagner. In 2009 he developed, together with Dmitry Khovratovich, the first cryptanalytic attack on full-round AES-192 and AES-256 that is faster than a brute-force attack. In 2015 he developed the Argon2 key derivation function with Daniel Dinu and Dmitry Khovratovich. Since 1994 Alex Biryukov is a member of the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
- Bruce Schneier (15 September 1998). "Impossible Cryptanalysis and Skipjack". Crypto-Gram Newsletter.
- Alex Biryukov, Dmitry Khovratovich (28 June 2009). "Related-key Cryptanalysis of the Full AES-192 and AES-256" (PDF). Retrieved 3 July 2009. Cite journal requires
- Alex Biryukov, Daniel Dinu, Dmitry Khovratovich (26 December 2015). "Argon2: the memory-hard function for password hashing and other applications" (PDF). Cite journal requires
|journal=(help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Alex Biryukov’s current page at the University of Luxembourg(in English)
- CryptoLUX > Alex Biryukov(in English)
- Alex Biryukov's old home page at K.U. Leuven(in English)
- Alex Biryukov - Google Scholar Citations(in English)
|This article about a cryptographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|