Alejandra María Silva García-Baquero
February 16, 1983
(m. 2012; div. 2015)
Silva worked as an intern in The Farm ad agency in Madrid, and in 2005 she accepted a position in sales and marketing at a private firm in the airplane industry.
Silva and first husband Govind Friedland, a mining magnate, had son Albert in December 2012. The couple were in the process of divorce by October 2015, by which time Silva was in a relationship with actor Richard Gere, a longtime family friend. She and Gere married in April 2018 at Gere's estate in Pound Ridge, New York. The couple had a son, Alexander, in early February 2019. In April 2020, it was reported that Silva had given birth to a third son.
In 2007, Silva promoted a nonprofit initiative jointly with Karolina Kurkova called Beautiful Life Fund, which raises awareness of the plight of children in need, distressed refugee children, victims of war, and the education of homeless children around the world.
In 2010, she participated in the Real Madrid Football Club Foundation African Initiative Project by creating soccer leagues as means of integrating underprivileged children to their local communities and promoting sports and its values amongst African families.
Through her interest in nonprofit organizations, Silva met American actor Richard Gere and began a relationship. As of 2016, Silva continues her activism in nonprofit organization and supports The Rais Foundation for the Homeless.
- EL CUMPLEAÑOS MADRILEÑO DE ALEJANDRA SILVA CON RICHARD GERE revistavanityfair.es, visited 24 April 2020 (spanisch)
- Diéguez, Antonio (10 October 2015). "Alejandra Silva, el complicado divorcio de la novia española de Richard Gere" [Alejandra Silva, the complicated divorce of the Spanish girlfriend of Richard Gere]. El Mundo (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 30 June 2018. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
Alejandra Silva (32)...
- Russian, Ale (23 April 2018). "All About Richard Gere's 35-Year-Old Wife Alejandra Silva: An Activist from Spain's Elite Circle". Retrieved 12 February 2019.
...the 35-year-old activist...
- "World Exclusive: Richard Gere and the Spanish Alejandra Silva Got Married". ¡Hola!. 18 April 2018. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- Juneau, Jen; Leonard, Elizabeth (11 February 2019). "It's a Boy! Richard Gere and Wife Alejandra Silva Welcome a Son". People. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
...welcomed their first child together, a baby boy, late last week in New York, his rep confirms to People..
- "Richard Gere welcomes a son with wife Alejandra Silva". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "Richard Gere and Wife Alejandra Silva Welcome Second Child". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-07-29.
- "Fundación Real Madrid". 2010.
- "Fundación Rais". 2015. Archived from the original on 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2016-05-10.
- "Alejandra Silva y Richard Gere, unidos por su faceta solidaria". Hola.com (in Spanish). 19 November 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Alejandra Silva, 'Pretty Woman,' en H!Fashion". Hola! Fashion (in Spanish). 18 May 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- Castellano, Nuria Hernández (10 December 2015). "Rica, Discreta y Comedida: Así Es La Novia Española De Richard Gere / Rich, Discreet and Restrained: This Is Richard Gere's Spanish Girlfriend". Vanity Fair (in Spanish) (Spanish ed.). Archived from the original on 30 September 2018. Retrieved February 12, 2019.