Alcotán-100 is a recoilless, one-man portable, single-use anti-tank rocket launcher used by infantry, manufactured by Instalaza. It is in service with the Spanish Military, where it is gradually replacing the C-90.
|Place of origin||Spain|
|Used by||See Users|
|Maximum firing range||600 meters|
Production of the Alcotán-100 began in 1998.
The Alcotán-100 fires a 3.94-inch (100mm) caliber HEAT charge, in addition to HE/FRAG and HEDP (dual-purpose) rounds, and the weapon can be fired from confined spaces. The weapon also has a laser range finder and a ballistic computer; this firing control unit must be turned on before the weapon can be operated.
VOSEL Fire SystemEdit
The VOSEL fire system gives the Alcotán-100 a high hit probability. It incorporates night vision that allows the operator to identify a target up to 1,200 metres in the night, a laser rangefinder with a range up to 2,000 metres and a ballistic computer.
The VOSEL fire system can be used separately from the launcher tube as a night surveillance telemetric device.
- Calibre: 100 mm
- Length: 1.15 m
- Weight: 14 kg
- Launcher with projectile: 9.5 kg
- Fire system: 4.5 kg
- Range: 30 m to 600 m (max range 656 yards)
- Engine: Solid-fuel rocket
- "ALCOTAN-100" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 9 January 2011. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Malory, Marcia. "Spain - Alcotán-100 Weapon System - Anti Tank Weapons". tanks.net. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Future of Alcotan-100 Hangs on Spanish Army Procurement". Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 17 November 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Peru receives, displays new anti-tank weapons - Janes.com, 4 August 2013