Albany Township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania
Map of Bradford County with Albany Township highlighted
Map of Bradford County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||32.86 sq mi (85.11 km2)|
|• Land||32.76 sq mi (84.84 km2)|
|• Water||0.10 sq mi (0.27 km2)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||27.11/sq mi (10.47/km2)|
Albany Township is located in southern Bradford County, along the Sullivan County line. It is bordered by Overton Township to the southwest, Monroe Township to the northwest, Asylum Township to the northeast, Terry Township and Wilmot Township to the east, and Cherry Township in Sullivan County to the south. Albany Township surrounds the borough of New Albany but is separate from it. The unincorporated community of Evergreen is northeast of New Albany.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 32.9 square miles (85.1 km2), of which 32.7 square miles (84.8 km2) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 0.31%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 927 people, 362 households, and 276 families residing in the township. The population density was 28.8 people per square mile (11.1/km2). There were 495 housing units at an average density of 15.4/sq mi (5.9/km2). The racial makeup of the township was 97.52% White, 1.08% Native American, 0.11% Asian, and 1.29% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.32% of the population.
There were 362 households, out of which 34.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.1% were married couples living together, 7.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.5% were non-families. 20.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 2.92.
In the township the population was spread out, with 25.9% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 106.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $36,932, and the median income for a family was $37,250. Males had a median income of $29,271 versus $21,838 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,156. About 4.6% of families and 5.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.2% of those under age 18 and 3.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Albany township, Bradford County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved March 17, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Albany Township at Bradford County official website