|Born:||November 4, 1969|
|College:||William & Mary|
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Between 1988 and 1991, Williams played running back at William & Mary, where he was a teammate of future Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. Williams finished his playing career at William & Mary with 1,220 rushing yards and 15 rushing touchdowns, while he totaled 131 receptions for 1,331 yards with 7 scores. As a senior, he led the team in receptions (57) and receiving yards (598).
Williams was an assistant coach from 1992-95 for Norview High School, where he also coached track and field. He returned to William & Mary as a coach in 1996, coaching running backs from 1996–97 and defensive backs from 1998–2000.
Williams got his first NFL coaching experience coaching under Tony Dungy in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization in 2001. The next year, Williams followed Tony Dungy to the Indianapolis Colts where he served as the defensive backs coach for the Colts from 2002 to 2011. With the Colts, Williams won Super Bowl XLI against the Chicago Bears.
In 2018 Williams joined the Indianapolis Colts.
- "Tribe Alum Alan Williams (?92) Named Minnesota Vikings Defensive Coordinator". William & Mary Athletics.
- "Star Track: Alan Williams".
- "Minnesota Vikings Bio". Archived from the original on November 25, 2012. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- "Report: Vikings will hire Alan Williams as defensive coordinator". Archived from the original on January 20, 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- "Lions add Alan Williams to defensive staff". Archived from the original on May 19, 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Bears hire Williams as DC, Borgonzi as LBS coach".
- "Alan Williams".