This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alan Tilvern (5 November 1918 – 17 December 2003) was an English actor and voice artist. He was known for usually playing "tough-guy" roles.
Tilvern as R. K. Maroon in Who Framed Roger Rabbit
|Died||17 December 2003 (aged 85)|
|Occupation||Actor, voice artist|
War and film careerEdit
After leaving school, he became a barrow boy in Brick Lane. In the Second World War he served in the Army but was invalided out before its end in 1945. A year later he began an acting career that lasted until the late 1980s. He is possibly best known for his role as R. K. Maroon in his last film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Tilvern died on 17 December 2003, at the age of 85.
- Jean's Plan (1946) as Max
- The Small Voice (1948)
- Night and the City (1950) as Beggar (uncredited)
- Cairo Road (1950) as Photographer
- Captain Horatio Hornblower (1951) as Hernandez
- Knights of the Round Table (1953) as Steward (uncredited)
- The Master Plan (1955) as Otto Szimek (uncredited)
- Bhowani Junction (1956) as Ted Dunphy
- The Bespoke Overcoat (1956) as Mr. Ranting
- House of Secrets (1956) as Brandelli
- Chase a Crooked Shadow (1958) as Carlos
- A Tale of Two Cities (1958) as Grave Robber (uncredited)
- No Time to Die (1958) as Silverio
- The Siege of Pinchgut (1959) as Superintendent Hanna
- Desert Mice (1959) as German Captain
- Sands of the Desert (1960) as Mustafa
- Danger by My Side (1962) as Nicky Venning
- Shadow of Fear (1963) as Warner
- Hot Enough for June (1964) as Simenova's assistant
- Rasputin the Mad Monk (1966) as Patron
- Khartoum (1966) as Awaan
- The Frozen Dead (1967) as Karl Essen
- The Revolutionary (1970) as Sid
- Percy's Progress (1974) as General Dodds
- Love and Death (1975) as Sergeant
- The Stick Up (1977) as Richie
- The Lord of the Rings (1978) as Innkeeper / Odo Proudfoot (voice)
- Superman (1978) as 2nd Controller (Missile Control)
- Brass Target (1978) as Frank Ferraro
- Meetings with Remarkable Men (1979)
- Firefox (1982) as Air Marshall Kutuzov
- 1919 (1985) as Sophie's Father
- Little Shop of Horrors (1986) as 'Downtown' Bum #2
- Tropic of Ice (1987) as Old American Director
- A Time of Destiny (1988) as Father Tony
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) as R.K. Maroon
- "Alan Tilvern".
- "Alan Tilvern". 3 January 2004.
- "Alan Tilvern - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie". AllMovie.