Airwide Solutions was a privately held (majority shareholder smac|partners Germany), but United States-based mobile messaging and wireless internet infrastructure company. It was acquired by Mavenir Systems in May 2011.
|Fate||acquired by Mavenir Systems|
|Founded||United States (2004)|
The company was founded in 2004 through the acquisition of Schlumberger's Messaging Solutions unit, formerly Sema Group by Taral Networks  . Airwide later acquired Finnish company First Hop in 2007.
Neil Papworth, a test engineer at Sema at the time, sent the world's first SMS message from an R&D lab using a personal computer to Richard Jarvis of Vodafone using an Orbitel 901 handset in December 1992.
In May 2011, the company was purchased by Mavenir Systems, Inc.
January 26, 2004, Taral Networks Acquires Schlumberger Messaging Solutions.
- "Mavenir Raises $40M and Acquires Airwide Solutions — Tech News and Analysis". Gigaom.com. 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Airwide Solutions Secures $25 Million in Financing to Address Emerging Opportunities in Mobile Commu". ClickPress. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Greenville, Mike (2007-11-27). "Airwide Takes First Hop". 160characters. Archived from the original on 2014-09-01.
- "Airwide Solutions says Happy 15th Birthday to SMS". Industry News. European Communications. London. 2007-12-05.
- "4th Screen Advertising Takes Gold at Visiongain MAMAs Awards". Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Airwide Solutions, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Taral Networks Acquires Schlumberger Messaging Solutions". businesswire.com. 2004-07-26.