Aeroprakt A-20 Vista
The Aeroprakt A-20 Vista is a family of Ukrainian tandem two-seat high-wing, strut-braced, pusher configuration conventional landing gear, ultralight aircraft, produced by Aeroprakt. The A-20 was introduced into the North American market at AirVenture 1999.
|Aeroprakt A-20 Vista|
Design and developmentEdit
Design of the A-20 began in 1990, with the first prototype making its maiden flight on 5 August 1991, with the first production aircraft flying on 15 August 1993. The A-20 is constructed with a fiberglass forward fuselage and cockpit with aluminium wings and tail surfaces covered in doped aircraft fabric. The wing is fitted with half-span ailerons and flaps. The flaps are quite effective and lower the landing speed to 30 mph (48 km/h). Flaperons are available on some models. The conventional landing gear has steel sprung main gear legs.
The A-20 was originally designed for the 50 hp (37 kW) Rotax 503 two-stroke aircraft engine. The low drag airframe produces acceptable performance on this low power output. Optional engines include the 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 and 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS
- A-20 Vista
- Initial version with a 50 hp (37 kW) Rotax 503 engine.
- A-20 Vista STOL
- STOL version with a 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 engine and standard slotted flaperons.
- A-20 Vista SS
- Higher cruise speed version with a reduced span 33.4 ft (10.2 m) wing and a 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 engine.
- A-20 Cruiser
- Higher cruise speed version with a reduced span 33.4 ft (10.2 m) wing and a 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS engine.
- A-20 Cruiser-S
- Higher cruise speed version with a reduced span 31.0 ft (9.4 m) wing, a 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912ULS engine and standard slotted flaperons.
- A-26 Vulcan
- A highly modified twin engine pusher.
- A-30 Vista Speedster
- A high performance derivative of the A-20.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger in tandem seating
- Length: 22 ft 0 in (6.71 m)
- Wingspan: 38 ft 0 in (11.58 m)
- Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
- Wing area: 172 sq ft (16.0 m2)
- Airfoil: TsAGI P-IIIA-15
- Empty weight: 484 lb (220 kg)
- Gross weight: 990 lb (449 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 9.5 US Gallons (36 litres)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 503 , 50 hp (37 kW)
- Maximum speed: 93 mph (150 km/h, 81 kn)
- Cruise speed: 70 mph (110 km/h, 61 kn)
- Stall speed: 30 mph (48 km/h, 26 kn)
- g limits: +4/-2
- Rate of climb: 990 ft/min (5.0 m/s)
- Rate of sink: 356 ft/min (1.81 m/s)
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page B-67. Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 116. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Jackson 2003, p. 463.
- Float Planes And Amphibs (2008). "A-20 Vista". Archived from the original on 28 November 2010. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- Paul Jackson, ed. (2005). Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2004-2005. London: Jane's Publishing Group. ISBN 0-7106-2614-2.
- Lednicer, David (2010). "The Incomplete Guide to Airfoil Usage". Archived from the original on 9 August 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aeroprakt A-20.|