Aegis is a Filipino pop rock band formed in 1993 (known before as AG's Soundtrippers in clubs and lounges all over Japan in 1995). The band is composed of sisters: Juliet, Mercy and Kris Sunot on lead vocals, Rey Abenoja (the only male member) on vocals and guitars, Stella Pabico on keyboards, Rowena Adriano on bass guitar and Vilma Goloviogo on drums. The group changed the name to Aegis in 1998 as agreed upon with Alpha Records. The meaning of their band's name is "shield" or "protection". Their songs have been featured in the award-winning musical Rak of Aegis.
|Origin||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Labels||Alpha Music Corporation|
|Members|| Juliet Sunot|
- Juliet Sunot – lead vocals
- Mercy Sunot – lead vocals
- Kris Sunot – lead vocals
- Stella Pabico – keyboard
- Rey Abenoja – vocals, lead guitar
- Rowena Adriano – bass guitar
- Vilma Goloviogo - drums
- Rula, Gorgy (10 July 2015). "Aegis reveals secret to singing very high notes" (in Filipino). Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Tomada, Nathalie (9 July 2018). "Aegis for all ages | Philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Bibsy M., Carballo (17 January 2014). "Getting to know Aegis & the art of resilience | Philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "Bandang Aegis, pinagbuklod ng hangaring maiahon sa hirap ang kani-kanilang pamilya". GMA News Online (in Filipino). 23 July 2015. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Jacque, de Borja (11 June 2016). "Award-Winning 'Rak of Aegis' Is Back Onstage - Preen.ph". Preen.ph. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- "List of PARI Gold, Platinum & Diamond Awardees". www.pari.com.ph. Philippine Association of the Record Industry, Inc. (PARI, inc.). Retrieved 28 November 2018.