He studied medicine and natural sciences at the University of Modena, then spent several years working as an assistant at the botanical institute in Padua (1892–1900). From 1900 to 1913 he was a professor of natural sciences at the Forestry Institute of Vallombrosa, and from 1913 to 1936, he served as a professor in Florence.
During his career, he travelled extensively throughout Italy, during which, he studied and collected many plant specimens. He also spent considerable time botanizing in the Italian colony of Eritrea. He donated tens of thousands of specimens to the herbarium in Florence that included 1300 items from Eritrea.
Principal published worksEdit
- UNI-Goettingen Department of Systematics, Biodiversity and Evolution of Plants (with Herbarium)
- JSTOR Global Plants Fiori, Adriano (1865-1950)
- Google Books Piante raccolte nella colonia eritrea nel 1909
- HathiTrust Digital Library published works
- L'erbario, Dipartimento di Botanica - Università degli Studi di Catania Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine Adriano Fiori (1865 - 1950)
- IPNI. Fiori.