Adrián Emmanuel Martínez
|Full name||Adrián Emmanuel Martínez|
|Date of birth||2 July 1992|
|Place of birth||Campana, Argentina|
|2018||Sol de América||17||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 February 2019|
Born in Campana, Buenos Aires Province, Martínez never represented any clubs during his youth setup (except from a year at Villa Dálmine at the age of 17). He played for hometown amateurs Club Las Acacias (which was presided by his mother) while working as a waste collector and bricklayer; at the former job, he was dismissed from his company after suffering a motorcycle accident.
In 2014, after his brother was shot, Martínez was arrested after being accused of burning and robbing the aggressor's home. He spent six months in jail until he could prove his innocence. After leaving prison, he returned to his first club Las Acacias before trialling at Primera C Metropolitana side Defensores Unidos in January 2015, subsequently joining the club but initially playing without receiving wages.
In 2017, after scoring 21 goals for Defensores, Martínez joined Primera B Metropolitana side Atlanta. He scored 15 goals during his only season at the club, netting against Primera División side Belgrano and River Plate in the Copa Argentina.
On 18 June 2018, Martínez moved abroad and joined Paraguayan Primera División club Sol de América. He was the club's top goalscorer with 12 goals, notably scoring braces against Olimpia (twice) and 3 de Febrero.
- "El otro Maravilla" [The other Maravilla] (in Spanish). Página 12. 2 September 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "La historia de Adrián Martínez, el goleador de Atlanta que hoy jugará ante River y estuvo seis meses preso" [The history of Adrián Martínez, the goalscorer of Atlanta who will play today against River and was six months in jail] (in Spanish). La Nación. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- ""En la cárcel era sobrevivir"" ["In prison was to survive"] (in Spanish). Olé. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Adrián Martínez es nuevo jugador de Atlanta" [Adrián Martínez is the new player of Atlanta] (in Spanish). El Debate. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Nuevo refuerzo de Sol, con historia de novela" [New addition of Sol, with a novel story] (in Spanish). Extra. 18 June 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Adrián Martínez, nuevo delantero de Libertad" [Adrián Martínez, new forward of Libertad] (in Spanish). Tigo Sports. 18 December 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2019.