Adore (Prince song)
"Adore" is a song by Prince. It is the last track on his 1987 double album Sign o' the Times, following the live track "It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night" (the crowd noise from which bleeds into the beginning of the song). A long, ornate slow jam featuring Atlanta Bliss and Eric Leeds on horns, it was described by NME reviewer Paolo Hewitt as "a sugar ballad that harks back to the Stylistics but is indelibly Prince's, a lush yet remarkable piece of music, and a fitting climax". It received significant radio play despite never being released as a single, and became an occasional part of Prince's concert repertoire. A 4:39-long edit of the song appears on the 1993 compilation album The Hits/The B-Sides, and the Girl 6 soundtrack album contains the full-length version. Prince's 2002 box set One Nite Alone... Live! includes a solo performance of "Adore" with piano accompaniment.
|Song by Prince|
|from the album Sign o' the Times|
|Released||March 31, 1987|
|Recorded||November 19, 1986, Sunset Sound Recorders|
|Label||Paisley Park, Warner Bros.|
Cover versions and samplesEdit
- (1987). Sign "O" the Times [CD booklet]. Burbank: Warner Bros. Records.
- Leeds, Alan (1993). The Hits/The B-Sides [CD booklet]. Burbank: Warner Bros. Records.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2017-08-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- (1996). Music from the Motion Picture Girl 6 [CD liner notes]. Burbank: Warner Bros. Records.
- (2002). One Nite Alone... Live! [CD booklet]. Chanhassen: NPG Records.
- "25 Best Slow Jams of All Time".
|This 1980s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|