The district is a multicultural, busy area, a home to commerce, culture and entertainment, and it is considered one of the four centres of Manama's nightlife. In the last few years, many of the old townhouses have been turned into art galleries, cafes and chic restaurants, causing some analysts to term the area as being bourgeois.
As a result of the developing trend, Adliya is known for its clustered cafes, art galleries, bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants, including popular venues, such as BJ's, JJ's, Lilou's, The Meat Co. and Candle's. Adliya attracts many local residents and tourists alike.
- Al Hasan, Hasan (15 May 2013). ""Chicken nuggets": Bahrain's lost generation goes mainstream". Open Democracy. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Walker, Jenny (2010). Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula (3rd ed.). Footscray, Vic.: Lonely Planet. pp. 118. ISBN 9781741791457.
- "Art Galleries in Adliya". Time Out Bahrain. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "'Abode of art' opens in Adliya". Gulf Daily News. 30 December 2004. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- A bit about life in Adliya, A westerner's perspective of living in Adliya