Adela Yarbro Collins
Adela Yarbro Collins (born 1945) is an American author and academic, who has served as the Buckingham Professor of New Testament Criticism and Interpretation at Yale Divinity School. Her research focuses on the New Testament, especially the Gospel of Mark and the Book of Revelation, and she has also written on early Christian apocalypticism and eschatology. Collins has also served as the President of the Society of New Testament Studies (2010–2011) and as the President of the New England Region of the Society of Biblical Literature (2004–2005).
Adela Yarbro Collins
|Title||Buckingham Professor of New Testament Criticism and Interpretation|
|Board member of||President of the New England Region of the Society of Biblical Literature|
|Education||Pomona College, Harvard University (Ph.D.)|
|Thesis||The Combat Myth in the Book of Revelation: a thesis (1975)|
|Sub-discipline||New Testament studies|
|Institutions||University of Notre Dame, University of Chicago, Yale Divinity School|
|Main interests||Gospel of Mark, Book of Revelation|
Born in 1945, Collins received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Pomona College, and her Master and Ph.D. degrees from Harvard University. In addition to her current position at Yale, Collins also held appointments at the University of Notre Dame from 1985–91 and at the University of Chicago from 1991–2000.
Collins is married to John J. Collins, who has served as the Holmes Professor of Old Testament Criticism and Interpretation also at Yale Divinity School since 2000. The two co-authored King and Messiah as Son of God (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2008).
- Collins, Adela Yarbro (1975). The Combat Myth in the Book of Revelation (Ph.D.). Harvard University. OCLC 2433881.
- ——— (1996). Cosmology and Eschatology in Jewish and Christian Apocalypticism. Supplements to the Journal for the Study of Judaism. 50. Leiden: Brill. ISBN 9789004105874. OCLC 34973630.
- ——— (2007). Mark: A Commentary. Hermeneia - a critical and historical commentary on the Bible. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress. ISBN 9780800660789. OCLC 85851521.
- ———; Collins, John J. (2008). King and Messiah as Son of God: divine, human, and angelic Messianic figures in Biblical and related literature. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans. ISBN 9780802807724. OCLC 213452267.
- Ahearne-Kroll, Stephen P. (2010). Women and gender in ancient religions: interdisciplinary approaches. Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament. 263. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck. ISBN 9783161505799. OCLC 700340556.