Achante Bharya (transl. Father's wife) is a 1971 Indian Malayalam-language film directed and produced by Thikkurissy Sukumaran Nair. It is a remake of the Tamil film Chitthi. The film stars Adoor Bhasi, K. P. Ummer, Ragini and Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair in the lead roles. The film had musical score by V. Dakshinamoorthy.
|Directed by||Thikkurissy Sukumaran Nair|
|Produced by||Thikkurissy Sukumaran Nair|
|Screenplay by||Thikkurissy Sukumaran Nair|
K. P. Ummer
Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair
|Music by||V. Dakshinamoorthy|
|Cinematography||T. N. Krishnankutty Nair|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
|Distributed by||Asok Productions|
- Adoor Bhasi as Contractor Karunakaran Nair
- K. P. Ummer as Vijayan
- Ragini as Thangamma
- Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair
- Jose Prakash as Rajan
- Baby Bindu
- Baby Indira
- Baby Shanthi
- Baby Uma
- Baby Vijaya
- Bahadoor as Balan Nair
- Master Raju
- Meena as Adoor Bhasi's Mother
- Nellikode Bhaskaran as Thikkurissi's Son
- Pala Thankam as Ragini's Mother
- Vijayasree as Omana
The music was composed by V. Dakshinamoorthy and the lyrics were written by Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair and Irayimman Thampi.
|1||"Aaariraaro Thamarappoomizhi Pootti" (Pathos)||S. Janaki||Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair|
|2||"Madhuram Madhumadhuram"||K. J. Yesudas||Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair|
|3||"Omanathinkal Kidavo" (Bit)||Irayimman Thampi|
|4||"Vaahinee Premavaahinee"||K. J. Yesudas, S. Janaki||Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair|
|5||"Varumo Nee Varumo"||K. J. Yesudas, S. Janaki||Thikkurissi Sukumaran Nair|
- "Achante Bhaarya". www.malayalachalachithram.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Achante Bhaarya". malayalasangeetham.info. Archived from the original on 29 March 2015. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Achante Bharya". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.