Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan
The Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan (Uzbek: Oʻzbekiston Respublikasi Fanlar akademiyasi, Ўзбекистон Республикаси Фанлар академияси) is the main scientific organization of the Republic of Uzbekistan. It coordinates research in all areas of science and technology. The academy was established in 1943 as the Academy of Sciences of the Uzbek SSR. After the collapse of the USSR, it became the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan.
|President||Solixov Shavkat Ismoilovich|
|Address||Yahyo Gʻulomov 70, Tashkent|
The academy currently has 155 members, 49 academicians, and 106 corresponding members. With more than 50 scientific research institutions and organizations, the academy is the largest scientific organization in Uzbekistan.
Presidents of the Academy of Sciences of UzbekistanEdit
The Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan has had thirteen presidents since its foundation. The current president is Solixov Shavkat Ismoilovich.
- Qori-Niyozov Toshmuhammad Niyozovich (1943—1947)
- Sarimsoqov Toshmuhammad Aliyevich (1947—1952)
- Zohidov Tesha Zohidovich (1952—1956)
- Abdullayev Habib Muhammadovich (1956—1962)
- Orifov Ubay Arifovich (1962—1966)
- Sidiqov Obid Sidiqovich (1966—1984)
- Habibullayev Poʻlat Qirgʻizboyevich (1984—1988)
- Salohitdinov Mahmud Salohitdinovich (1988—1994)
- Abdullayev Joʻra Adbdullayevich (1994—1995)
- Joʻrayev Toʻxtamurod Joʻrayevich (1995—2000)
- Yoʻldoshev Behzod Sodiqovich (2000—2005)
- Oripov Tohir Fotihovich (2005—2006)
- Solixov Shavkat Ismoilovich (2006–present)
- Sadykov, A. S. (1966). "Академия наук Узбекской ССР" [The Academy of Sciences of the Uzbek SSR]. In Prokhorov, A. M. (ed.). Большая Советская Энциклопедия, Great Soviet Encyclopedia (in Russian) (Third ed.). Moscow: Soviet Encyclopedia.
- "Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences (UzAS)". InterAcademy Panel. Retrieved 17 February 2012.