Academic Press is an academic book publisher founded in 1941. It was acquired by Harcourt, Brace & World in 1969. Reed Elsevier bought Harcourt in 2000, and Academic Press is now an imprint of Elsevier.
|Founder||Walter J. Johnson and Kurt Jacoby|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
Academic Press publishes reference books, serials and online products in the subject areas of:
- Communications engineering
- Environmental science
- Food science and nutrition
- Life sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Physical sciences
Well-known products include the Methods in Enzymology series and encyclopedias such as The International Encyclopedia of Public Health and the Encyclopedia of Neuroscience.
- Uchitelle, Louis (1996-12-23). "Walter J. Johnson, 88, Refugee Who Founded Academic Press". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-16.
- Abele, John J. (1969-04-12). "FRANCHISER SEEKS RAMADA INNS, INC.; International Industries Set to Acquire Motel Chain for $221-Million of Stock Acquisition and Merger Actions Are Instituted by Corporations". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-20.
- Academic Press website, including title lists, multimedia and catalogues