Abraham Rabinovich is a historian and journalist who has published several books on recent Jewish history. As a reporter, his work has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The New Republic, and the Christian Science Monitor. Before becoming a writer full-time, he was employed as a staff journalist for Newsday and the Jerusalem Post. He is a graduate of Brooklyn College and a veteran of the United States Army. He is the cousin of the late Rabbi Moshe Hirsch.
His published works include:
- The Yom Kippur War: The Epic Encounter That Transformed the Middle East, ISBN 0-8052-4176-0
- The Boats of Cherbourg, ISBN 1-55750-714-7
- The Battle for Jerusalem, June 5–7, 1967, ISBN 0-8276-0285-5
- Teddy Kollek: Builder of Jerusalem, ISBN 0-8276-0561-7
- Jerusalem on Earth: People, Passions, and Politics in the Holy City, ISBN 0-02-925740-9
- Jerusalem, the measure of the year, ISBN 965-220-081-6