Aboitiz Football Cup
The Aboitiz Football Cup is a football tournament held in Cebu, Philippines every year. The tournament consists of 10 categories, from players eight up to the men's open. It is Cebu's most prestigious football tournament. It serves as the Cebu F.A.'s selection process for the Philippine Football Federation (PFF), which organizes national competitions.
|Organising body||Aboitiz Group|
|Related competitions||PFF National Men's Club Championship|
|2017 Aboitiz Football Cup|
The second edition of the competition in 1997 only featured a men's division which saw the participation of alumni and club teams such as M. Lhuiller. The women's open and youth divisions were later added to the competition. Later, additional youth divisions for both boys and girls were added to the Aboitiz Football Cup program.
The competition underwent a rebrand for the 19th edition in 2017. Plans to make the scope of the tournament nationwide in the 20th edition in 2018 has been announced.
Four venues are used for football matches of the Aboitiz Football Cup as of the 19th edition (2017).
- http://www.aboitizequityventures.com/aboitizland/aboitizcup/home.htm[permanent dead link]
- Limpag, Mike (1 September 2017). "Cebu's biggest competition returns". Sun Star Cebu. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Magsumbol, Caecent No-ot (31 August 2017). "Aboitiz Cup goes nationwide next year". The Freeman. The Philippine Star. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Aboitiz Football Cup reaches Luzon; GAME ON in The Outlets at Lipa". Fox Sports Philippines. 13 September 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Aboitiz Football Cup kicks off on Luzon turf". AboitizLand PR. 24 October 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- Rosal, Glen Dale (30 August 2017). "Aboitiz Football Cup bares plans, new logo". Cebu Daily News. Retrieved 4 September 2017.