|Traded as||Euronext: ABLX|
Number of employees
In November 2001, Ablynx was established as a spin-off of the Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie (VIB) and the Free University of Brussels (VUB). Seed financing of €2 million was provided by Gimv.
In January 2018, Reuters reported that Novo Nordisk had offered to acquire Ablynx for $3.1 billion - having made an unreported offer in mid December for the company. However the Ablynx board rejected this offer the same day, saying that the price undervalued the business.
- "Share Information". Ablynx. Exchange Information. Retrieved 2018-05-14.[self-published source]
- "History". Ablynx. Show Archive 2001. Archived from the original on 9 February 2012.
Ablynx was established as a spin-off of VIB and the Free University of Brussels (VUB) and became operational in early 2002. Seed financing of €2 million was provided by GIMV.[self-published source]
- "Why Sanofi Is Buying Belgian Biotech Company Ablynx for Nearly $5 Billion". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- Wolfson W., Ablynx makes nanobodies from llama bodies, Chem Biol. 2006 Dec;13(12):1243-4.
- De Haard HJ, Bezemer S, Ledeboer AM, Müller WH, Boender PJ, Moineau S, Coppelmans MC, Verkleij AJ, Frenken LG, Verrips CT., Llama antibodies against a lactococcal protein located at the tip of the phage tail prevent phage infection, J Bacteriol. 2005 Jul;187(13):4531-41.