Abby Marshall (born June 11, 1991) is a chess player from Columbus, Ohio, United States, who has resided in Virginia, United States since late 2005. She is a Woman FIDE Master and in 2009 won the Denker Tournament of High School Champions, the first female player ever to have attained the title. Marshall was also the National 11th Grade Chess Co-champion in 2008, and is the only two-time winner of the Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls (2005 and 2006). She played in the 2009 World Youth Chess Championship.
|Full name||Abby Marshall|
|Born||June 11, 1991|
|Title||Woman FIDE Master|
|FIDE rating||2146 (March 2012)|
|Peak rating||2208 (October 2007)|
- FIDE chess ratings | Rating Progress Chart - Marshall, Abby (USA)
- Abby Marshall on her Denker Win
- Abby Marshall Wins the Denker! : U.S. Chess Trust Archived February 18, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Chess for Girls: Abby Marshall: First Female to Win Denker!". Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-01-27.
- "Abby Marshall wins 2009 Denker Tournament of High School Champions". ChessBase.com. 19 August 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- WORLD YOUTH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 - U-18 Girls from wycc2009.tsf.org.tr
- "The Openings Explained". ChessCafe.com. 6 January 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-02-09. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Abby Marshall Reflects on the World Youth". Chess Life Online. 10 December 2009. Archived from the original on 24 December 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2011-06-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)