Aakhree Raasta (transl. The Last Option) is a 1986 Indian Hindi-language crime drama film written and directed by K. Bhagyaraj, presented by T. Rama Rao and produced by A. Poornachandra Rao both under banner Lakshmi Productions (Madras) (P).LTD. The film stars Amitabh Bachchan in a dual role, Jaya Prada, Sridevi and Anupam Kher. It was directed by the Tamil actor and director K. Bhagyaraj. It was revealed by Sridevi herself in one of her interviews that actress Rekha lent her voice for her in this movie.
|Directed by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Produced by||T. Rama Rao (Presenter)|
A. Poornachandra Rao
|Written by||Rahi Masoom Reza|
|Screenplay by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Story by||K. Bhagyaraj|
|Based on||Oru Kaidhiyin Diary|
|Cinematography||S. Gopal Reddy|
|Edited by||A. Selvanathan|
A. P. Manivannan
|Distributed by||Lakshmi Productions (Madras) (P).LTD|
David D'Costa (Amitabh Bachchan) lives a relatively poor life in Madras (now Chennai) with his wife Mary D'Costa (Jayaprada) who is pregnant. He literally worships the Member of Parliament Chaturvedi (Sadashiv Amrapurkar), and is even willing to die for him. He introduces Mary to Chaturvedi, and with his blessings they name the new-born son James. Then one day while he is busy obstructing rail traffic, he gets arrested and is bailed out by Mahesh (Anupam Kher) When he returns home he finds that Mary has committed suicide. She left a note blaming Chaturvedi for raping her. An upset David goes to confront Chaturvedi, is intercepted by Police Inspector Roop Kumar Sahay (Dalip Tahil) and Dr. Verma (Bharat Kapoor), the evidence is destroyed, and he is sentenced to 24 years in prison for Mary's murder. He asks his friend Mahesh to look after James in his long absence. Twenty-four years later, David is released, he goes to visit Mahesh and is shocked to find that Mahesh has changed, he is no longer a boot-legger, he now lives a wealthy life-style, he wants David to forget the past, and live with his CID Inspector son Vijay (also Amitabh Bachchan). David is devastated with this news, but is determined to avenge his wrongful conviction and Mary's death, so he sets about to kill his tormentors one by one - the only obstruction he faces is none other than Vijay who, unaware of David being his father, is out to protect the three people.
- Amitabh Bachchan as David D'Costa/Vijay Shandilya (dual role) (father and son)
- Jaya Prada as Mary D'Costa
- Sridevi as Vinita Bhatnagar (Vijay's girlfriend)
- Anupam Kher as Mahesh Shandilya
- Dalip Tahil as Inspector Roop Kumar Sahay
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar as Minister Chaturvedi
- Bharat Kapoor as Dr. Verma
- Om Shivpuri as Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police Bhatnagar
- Viju Khote as Amarnath,Senior Inspector
|1||"Dance Music"||Anuradha Paudwal|
|2||"Gori Ka Saajan Saajan Ki Gori"||Mohammad Aziz, S. Janaki|
|3||"Pehle Padhai Phir Pyar Hoga"||Mohammad Aziz, S. Janaki|
|4||"Tune Mera Doodh Piya Hai"||Mohammed Aziz, S. Janaki|
|5||"Gori Ka Saajan Saajan Ki Gori" (Instrumental)|
In other mediaEdit
- "The Legendary Sridevi in Her Own Words".
- Jeshi, K. (25 December 2010). "Of wit and humour". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "Aakhree Raasta DVD". IndiaWeekly. Archived from the original on 17 May 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "All about Bachchan and 'Aakhri Pasta'". Emirates 24/7. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)