Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj
Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj (transl. Today's Gangleader) is a 1992 Indian Hindi-language action crime film starring Chiranjeevi and Meenakshi Seshadri. It is an official remake of the 1991 Telugu film Gang Leader. This was Chiranjeevi's second film in Bollywood. This film is hit at box-office. It earned 2,75,00,000 Rs nett gross at Box-office. Songs in the movie became popular. The film explores the concepts of exploitation by anti-social elements and the impact of crowd psychology.
|Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj|
|Directed by||Ravi Raja Pinisetty|
|Produced by||N. N. Sippy|
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers|
|Screenplay by||Vijaya Bapineedu|
Ravi Raja Pinisetty
|Story by||Vijaya Bapineedu|
|Music by||Anand Milind|
Raja, though he is righteous, honest, challenging, a daredevil and educated, was an unemployed young man. With no work on hand, he squanders his time with his four friends. This naturally upsets his family members: his dadi and elder brothers Amar and Ravi, who care for and worry about him.
Constantly troubled by a lack of money, the family has many problems. Ravi's pending IAS examination was the core problem they were facing. To raise money for the examination, Raja and his friends take up a job, one that entailed getting rid of a tenant who had illegally settled in a house. Raja had an easy time getting rid of Shalu. But from then on, Shalu creates hell for him and moves into his house and life permanently. Tejpal and Nagpal were power brokers. They were very influential and intimidating. They succeed in getting Ritu married to Ravi, now an IAS officer, on the threshold of becoming a collector. A perfect move thought the villains — Saxena's sister married to Raja's brother. Raja revolts but is cornered. He has many clashes with the duo. In one of these clashes, Raja's friends and eldest brother Amar are murdered. All is lost until Raja and Ravi discover the truth about Tejpal and Nagpal. Raja and Ravi decide to end the Gundaraj.
- Chiranjeevi as Raja
- Meenakshi Seshadri as Shalu
- Raj Babbar as Ravi
- Dalip Tahil as SP Saxena
- Sharat Saxena as Nagpal
- Satish Shah as Jailer
- Rakesh Bedi as Govind Ahuja (Guddu)
- Dina Pathak as Grandmother AS SASU MAA
- Tinnu Anand as Home Minister
- Prem Chopra as Tejpal
- Geetha as Ritu (Raja's second-eldest sister-in-law, Ravi's wife)
- Ravi Teja as one of Raja's four friends
- Dinesh Kaushik as one of Raja's four friends
- Sudha as Aarti (Raja's eldest sister-in-law, Amar's wife)
- Parikshit Sahni as Amar
- Kunika as Chanda
- Dan Dhanoa as Police Inspector
- Anees Bazmee as Anees
|1||"Ek Pappi De De Muzhe"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|2||"It's A Challenge"||Amit Kumar|
|3||"Lashkara Lashkara"||Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik|
|4||"Pehle Bhi Roz"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|5||"Tota Mera Tota"||Abhijeet, Sadhana Sargam|
|6||"Tum Mujhe Ache"||Abhijeet, Alka Yagnik|
- "Aaj Ka Goonda Raaj Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes" – via timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Gang Leader - Chiranjeevi: Take a look at the actor's imprint in the showbiz world". The Times of India.
- "Gang Leader (1991) | Gang Leader Movie | Gang Leader Telugu Movie Cast & Crew, Release Date, Review, Photos, Videos". FilmiBeat.
- "Aaj Ka Goonda Raj among most sold music albums of 1992". Archived from the original on 14 June 2012.