Here, There & Everywhere (company)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Here, There & Everywhere (HT&E), formerly known as APN News & Media, is an Australian media company. Divisions include broadcast radio, digital publishing and e-sports. The company previously had assets in New Zealand (now New Zealand Media and Entertainment), and outdoor advertising (Adshel and APN Outdoor).
|Traded as||ASX: HT1|
|Predecessor||APN News & Media|
In 2015, HT&E's two largest shareholders are the Australian fund manager Allan Gray Australia and News Corp Australia. Irish company Independent News & Media and Denis O'Brien's Baycliffe held an approximately 30% stake in the company before selling it in March 2015.
Here, There & Everywhere had its origins in Provincial Newspapers Qld (PNQ), a listed company that published regional newspapers in Queensland and New South Wales. The Herald & Weekly Times, which owned a significant proportion of PNQ, was taken over by News Limited in 1987. To comply with an order of the Australian Trade Practices Commission, News Limited was required to sell its PNQ shares. The 48% stake in PNQ was acquired in 1988 by interests associated with the family of Tony O'Reilly, the principal shareholder of Independent Newspapers of Ireland.
The company was renamed Australian Provincial Newspapers Holdings and listed again on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1992 following a public share issue, and in 1998 the name was changed to APN News & Media.
In June 2016, the company completed the demerger of its New Zealand radio and publishing business, NZME. However, the company maintained a presence in New Zealand via its outdoor advertising business, Adshel NZ. Also in 2016, the company announced it would sell its regional newspaper division, Australian Regional Media, to News Corp Australia for $36.6 million. The deal was reviewed but not opposed by the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission. The sale of ARM, encompassing APN's remaining newspaper assets, was completed in December 2016.
APN News & Media Limited changed its name to HT&E Limited in May 2017, changing its ASX Listing Code to HT1.
Current notable assetsEdit
- Australian Radio Network
- iHeartRadio Australia
Australian publishing (now owned by News Corp Australia)Edit
- The Toowoomba Chronicle
- The Sunshine Coast Daily
- The Daily Mercury (Mackay)
- The Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton)
- The Gladstone Observer
- The NewsMail (Bundaberg)
- Fraser Coast Chronicle
- The Gympie Times
- The Queensland Times (Ipswich, Queensland)
- Stanthorpe Border Post
- The Warwick Daily News
- Gold Coast Mail
- Gatton, Lockyer and Brisbane Valley Star (Gatton Star)
- Noosa News
- Whitsunday Times
- Bayside and Northern Suburbs Star (Northern Brisbane suburbs), published weekly since 18 November 1987
- The Morning Bulletin
- Capricorn Local News
- Capricorn Coast Mirror
- Blackwater Herald
- CQ News (Central Queensland News)
- Central Telegraph
New South WalesEdit
- Tweed Daily News (Tweed Heads)
- The Coffs Coast Advocate (Coffs Harbour)
- The Northern Star (Lismore)
- The Daily Examiner (Grafton)
- Byron Shire News
- Homehunter Property Guide
- The New Zealand Herald
- The Aucklander
- Herald on Sunday
- Wairarapa Times-Age
- Wanganui Chronicle
- Oamaru Mail
- Bay of Plenty Times
- Rotorua Daily Post
- Bay News
- Katikati Advertiser
- Coastal News
- Waihi Leader
- Te Puke Times
- TV Times
- Country News
- Taupo Weekender
- Turangi Chronicle
- Hamilton News
- Hawkes Bay Today
- CHB Mail
- Dannevirke Evening News
- Northern Advocate
- The Northland Age
- APN Business Information Group
- APN Education New Zealand
- Australian Classifieds
- Campus Review
- Nursing Review
APN Online AustraliaEdit
APN Online New ZealandEdit
Radio Network (New Zealand)Edit
- "APN News & Media anannounces rebrand to Here, There & Everywhere" (PDF). Here, There & Everywhere. 4 May 2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "HT&E Launches new division HT&E events, Announces joint venture with Gfinity plc and IKON Media & Entertainment to launch Australia's first city-based esports franchise league" (PDF). HT&E Market Announcement to ASX. 7 August 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 March 2018.
- Tarr, Sophie (22 March 2011). "Natural disasters hit APN News & Media". Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers’ Association. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "HT&E 2017 Annual Report" (PDF). ASX. 15 February 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 March 2018.
- "Investor Relations - APN". investorcentre.apn.com.au. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "UPDATED: News Corp buys APN stake in share sale". Archived from the original on 3 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Kirkpatrick 1994, p. 111.
- "APN News & Media Limited". List of companies. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- NZME Demerger Implemented Archived 21 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 29 June 2016
- APN Retains Ownership of Adshel NZ Archived 21 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 28 November 2016
- "APN chairman lauds 'milestone' $36.6m News deal". NewsMediaWorks. NewsMediaWorks. Archived from the original on 10 November 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- ACCC will not oppose News Corporation's proposed acquisition of APN's Regional Media Division Archived 15 December 2017 at the Wayback Machine Australian Competition & Consumer Commission 8 December 2016
- APN Completes Sale of ARM Archived 20 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 28 December 2017
- Change of Company Name and ASX Listing Code Archived 20 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 5 May 2017
- Kelly, Vivienne (23 June 2018). "Ooh Media to purchase HT&E's Adshel for $570 million". Mumbrella. Archived from the original on 23 June 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Adshel NZ sale confirmed". M+AD! - NZ Media & Advertising News Daily. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "About Us". APN News & Media. Archived from the original on 23 October 2016. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "APN News & Media to buy rest of Adshel and digital publisher Conversant Media - Mumbrella". 25 October 2016. Archived from the original on 27 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2018.
- Kirkpatrick, Rod (1994). "Six dynasties that ended with a whimper: the end of the PNQ" (PDF). Australian Studies in Journalism (3): 109–129. Retrieved 14 August 2016.