|Slogan||Australia's Most Listened To Radio Network|
|Owner||Southern Cross Austereo|
Today's Austereo Network
Today's Hit Network
The Hit Network started in 1980 as the Austereo Network, with Austereo securing the first commercial FM licence in Adelaide in 1980. SSA FM (5SSA) would be joined by Fox FM (3FOX) in Melbourne in 1986, B105 FM (4BBB) Brisbane in 1988 and 2DAY FM (2DAY) in Sydney in 1989. The network also grew through joint-ventures in Canberra with 104.7 (2ROC) and NXFM (2XXX) in Newcastle (now fully owned). Austereo expanded into Perth in 1998 when it purchased PMFM, now known as hit92.9 (6PPM), although it wasn't until 2005 that the station exclusively joined the Today Network, after also being affiliated with sister station Triple M for many years and taking programming from both networks.
The network was previously known as Today's Austereo Network and the Today Network.
After Austereo was purchased by Southern Cross Media, it began incorporating its regional CHR network into the Today Network. Only some of its Sea FM stations, including those in Hobart and the Gold Coast, began adopting similar branding to the metropolitan stations.
In December 2014, Southern Cross Austereo announced that, off the back of re-branding SAFM as hit107, the network would be re-branded as Today's Hit Network. The rebrand took place on Wednesday 14 January 2015 - by mid-2015, the station would drop the Today moniker as the Hit Network.
In February 2016, Southern Cross Austereo forged ahead with rolling out the Hit Network branding to more markets. The launch saw the regional centric Sea FM Hobart brand dropped to be replaced with hit100.9.
In December 2016, all Star FM and Hot FM stations were re-branded with the Hit branding, however Sea FM on the Gold Coast, Central Coast and Bundaberg retained their Sea FM name but adopted the Hit logo (like Fox FM and 2Day FM). Bundaberg's Sea FM station has since been re-branded and joined the Triple M Network.
|2DAY||104.1 MHz FM||2DAY FM||Sydney||104.1 2DAY FM
Making Sydney Feel Good
|2CFM||101.3 MHz FM||hit101.3||Central Coast||hit101.3
The Central Coast's home of Hits and Old School
|Formerly Sea FM |
Gawndy and Ash Pollard for Breakfast
|2ROC||104.7 MHz FM||hit104.7||Canberra||hit104.7
Canberra's home of Hits and Old School
|Formerly 104.7 |
Ned and Josh for Breakfast
|2XXX||106.9 MHz FM||hit106.9||Newcastle||hit106.9
Newcastle’s home of Hits and Old School
|Formerly 2HR, 2NX and NXFM |
Nick, Jess and Simon for Breakfast
|3FOX||101.9 MHz FM||Fox FM||Melbourne||101.9 The Fox
Melbourne’s #1 for Hits and Old School
|Fifi, Fev & Byron for Breakfast|
|4BBB||105.3 MHz FM||hit105||Brisbane||hit105
Brisbane's #1 for Hits and Old School
|Formerly 4BK and B105 |
Stav, Abby and Matt for Breakfast
|4SEA||90.9 MHz FM||hit90.9||Gold Coast||hit90.9
The Gold Coast's home of Hits and Old School
|Formerly Sea FM |
Lise, Sarah, Dan & Ben for Breakfast
|5SSA||107.1 MHz FM||hit107||Adelaide||hit107
More Music, More Variety
|Formerly SAFM |
Bec and Cosi for Breakfast
|6PPM||92.9 MHz FM||hit92.9||Perth||hit92.9
Famous for Hits and Old School
|Formerly 6PM, PMFM and 92.9 |
Xavier, Juelz and Pete for Breakfast
|Various||Various||hit||Regional Australia||Hits and Old School|
- Carrie & Tommy
- Hughesy & Ed
- Ash London Live
- The Danny Lakey Late Show
- Collective Noun
- Mid Dawns with Tom & Olly
- Those Two Girls - Sara & Lise
- RNB Friday Nights with Bow Wow
- Weekend Breakfast with Dylan Alcott & Angus O’Loughlin
- Trending 20 with Angus O'Loughlin & Ash London
- Old School House Party with Tim Lee
- Boxed In with Fifi Box
- Live from LA with Dean McCarthy
- Ash London Live & Local
The Hit Network simulcasts each metro station in the network on digital radio in their local markets.
- Hit Buddha, The very best music that soothes your mind and feeds your soul. Buddha Hits lets listeners chill out with pop, electronica and acoustic vibes with a café music feel.
- Hit Oldskool, Oldskool Hits is pure pop nostalgia. Focused around the 90s and 00s, it’s all about flashback favourites.
- Hit Easy, an up-tempo, feel good, sing-along format of mainstream faves. Easy Hits is perfect for at-work and at-home listening.
- Hit Urban, Playing the Hottest Hip-Hop and RnB.
- Hit Dance, Launched in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide on Friday 22 November 2019 on Digital Radio.
The Hit Network launched Caravan Radio on 24 May 2010. It was a "pop up" Digital Radio station that played the best bits from Hamish & Andy's Caravan of Courage journeys while they toured the United Kingdom on their fourth Caravan of Courage.
- "Canberra's Hit104.7 Arrives". Radio Today. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "#HitHobart". Radio Today. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- Austereo finds new digital partner[permanent dead link] - themusic.com.au 26 January 2010
- Hamish & Andy get their own station with Caravan of Courage Radio - mUmBRELLA, 24 May 2010