AOC International (trading as AOC, formerly Admiral Overseas Corporation Chinese: 冠捷科技有限公司; pinyin: Guānjié kējì yǒuxiàn gōngsī) is a multinational electronics company headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, and a subsidiary of TPV Technology. It designs and produces a full range of IPS and TFT monitors as well as LCD TVs and formerly CRT monitors for PCs which are sold worldwide under the AOC brand.
|Founded||1934 (as Admiral Overseas Corporation)|
|Products||Monitors, TVs, displays|
Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) was founded in Chicago, Illinois, by Ross Siragusa as the Asian arm of his Admiral Corporation, and later established in Taiwan in 1967 as the first manufacturer of colour televisions for export. In 1978, Admiral Overseas Corporation was renamed AOC International. Direct Marketing under the AOC brand name began in 1979. From 1988 to 1997, AOC established its sales offices in United States, China, Europe, and Brazil. AOC was launched in India and Mexico in 2005 and 2006 respectively. Today, AOC products including CRT & LCD monitors, LCD television sets, All-in-One units and Android tablets, are available in more than 40 countries worldwide.
- 1934 – Continental Radio and Television Corporation founded in Chicago, Illinois by Ross Siragusa. Name would later be changed to Admiral Corporation.
- 1947 – Admiral company and brand established in the United States; it is one of the first companies to produce color television sets.
- 1951 – Admiral sells over 5 million television sets.
- 1967 – Admiral Overseas Corporation (AOC) established in Taiwan; first manufacturer of color television sets for export.
- 1978 – Admiral Overseas Corporation renamed to AOC International.
- 1979 – AOC starts direct marketing under its own brand name.
- 1982 – AOC brand registered worldwide.
- 1988 to 1997 – AOC establishes sales offices in the United States, China, Europe, and Brazil; main focus is computer monitors.
- 1999 to 2001 – AOC enters the display market in New Zealand and Australia.
- 2005 – AOC launched in India.
- 2006 – AOC launched in Mexico.
- 2007 to 2009 – AOC sells in more than 40 countries worldwide; products include CRT & LCD monitors, LCD TVs, and All-In-One PCs.
- 2016 - AOC launches AOC AGON premium line of gaming monitors.
In 2006, AOC was selected in Info 200 Company – top 200 in technology, Brazil (from 82nd in 2005 to 59th position in 2006). AOC ranked Top 3 in monitor category in the "2007 Best Brands Survey" by PC World in Brazil. The same year AOC received the "Fast-growing company in LCD monitors market" award from CCID Consulting in China. AOC was ranked 33 of Global Top 50 CE Brands by IDG in CES Daily magazine in 2008. AOC received the Consumers' Brand of Choice from the China Computer Users Association in 2008. The same year AOC received Best in Hardware IT Monitors (Top 100 IT & Telecom, IDG ComputerWorld Magazine) in Brazil. In 2009, AOC was awarded as Power Brand Malaysia 2009 (Global CEO Magazine). Over the years AOC products have won several design awards including the Red Dot Design Award in 2008. In 2007 and 2008 several awards were conferred to AOC products in India by Digit & Chip magazines.
- IANS (2016-12-06). "AOC launches new gaming monitors in India". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- "AOC eyes up players with new gaming monitor range - Gameplanet New Zealand". Gameplanet.
- "AOC launches new gaming monitors in India". www.punjabtribune.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AOC International.|