This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Antenna (ΑΝΤ1) was the first private Television station in Cyprus and already counts 26 years of dynamic and credible presence in the market. Since its formation, the station has been the leader in Television ratings in both its news bulletins as well its local series, Greek programme, that is wholly supplied from ANT1 TV in Greece and foreign entertainment which ranges from daily series to shows and blockbuster films.
|Headquarters||Strovolos, Nicosia, Cyprus|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV)|
|NOVA Cyprus||Channel 4|
|Dish Network||Channel 6-14|
|ANT1 Cyprus||ANT1 Live|
The company has also formed ANT1 Radio in 1998. ANT1 Radio is mainly focused on the entertainment aspect with high-quality entertaining and informative programmes that attract tens of thousands of listeners per day, anytime and anywhere. With regards its online presence, ant1.com.cy covers breaking news, sports and lifestyle news, broadcasts ANT1 TV and Radio streams for free and provides a high-quality Video On Demand service for the company's television programmes. Furthermore, there is a dedicated section on the website that covers aspects of European Union, that ranges from news to interviews and reports, providing users with the opportunity to be kept updated and informed with everything that has to do with the EU.
Both units have been enjoying exponential growth in both status and ratings and together with the company's main focus, the television unit established a firm status of the ANTENNA brand image as the most solid presence in the media world of Cyprus. This exponential growth can be confirmed through Nielsen Audience Measurement, enlisting ANTENNA as one of the lead weekly channels in Cyprus with an average of 14% (17.3% in ages 18–54) of the audience share.
New, but solidified to this experience, is the expertise implementation and knowledge in the field of Digital Media. The proliferation of users using Social Media Platforms, arouse ANTENNA's desire to disseminate news, videos, events or everything that has to do with broadcasting and screening, engage with users and provide a trustworthy source of newscast through its various Social Media Platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Messenger, Twitter etc.
Current shows include:
- Proino ANT1
- Mera Mesimeri
- ANT1 News
- Dancing with the Stars – the Greek version of reality program, third season ongoing. Hosted by Zeta Makripoulia.
- The Biggest Game Show in the World – Reality television show. Hosted by Nantia Mpoule. It will premiere in fall 2013.
- Krata Gera – Reality television show. Hosted by Giorgos Lianos. It will premiere in fall 2013.
- Wipeout – the Greek version of the American reality show which entering its second season in fall 2011. Hosted by Giorgos Lianos.
- Plaka Kaneis – Prank reality television show, much like the format used on Candid Camera. Hosted by Savvas Poumpouras and Dimitris Vlachos.
- Dancing on Ice – the Greek version of English reality show dance competition which now it's in the first season. Hosted by Jenny Balatsinou.
- FAB 5 – the Greek version of American reality show Queer Eye, one season done.
- Black Out – 2011 game show, one season done. Hosted by Nadia Boule.
- Meet the Parents – the Greek version of the English reality show, one season is done. Hosted by Savvas Poumpouras.
- Fast Money! - the Greek version of Family Feud, hosted by Mark Seferlis.
- H Goiteia Ths Amartias (The allure of sin), drama (2002)
- Deikse mou to filo sou, comedy (2006–2007)
- Tin Patisa, comedy (2007–2008) *I Zoi Einai Oraia, comedy (2008–2009)
- Aigia Fouxia, comedy (2008–2010)
- Panselinos (Full Moon), soap opera (2009–2011)
- Eleni I Porni, drama based on real story (2010–2011)
- Premiera (Premiere), drama based on real story (2011–2012)
- Santa Giolanta, comedy (2011–2012)
- O,ti Agapisa, soap opera (2011–2012)
- Like, Like ise edo?, family comedy (2011–2012)
- Niose Me (Feel Me), soap opera (2012–present)
- Vals Me 12 Theous, based on the homonym book (2012–2014)
- Ekino To Kalokairi (That summer), drama based on real story (2012–2013)
- Kales Douleies, family comedy (2014–present)
- Brousko, soap opera (2013–present)
- Τo Amartima tis Mitros mou, family comedy (2012–2013)
- Eleftheros kai Oraios, comedy (2012)
- Einai Stigmes, soap opera (2012)
- Steps, teen drama (2011)
- Game of Thrones (United States)
- Grey's Anatomy (United States)
- House (United States)
- Private Practise (United States)
- Castle (United States)
- Nikita (United States)
The first ANT1 logo was coloured with gold with ANT flattened 20 degrees to the right and the number 1 is bolded at size 2. At the left edges of the number 1, two lines starting from A to 1. The line at the top is short and the line at the bottom is long. The logo appeared at the top-left on the screen. Due to its brightness, the logo could cause burn-in on rear projection and plasma TVs. A defined image of the logo will appear permanently on the TV screen.
On 17 September 2007, ANT1 launched the new pink logo which also included a new on-screen logo. The logo was more subtle and did not cause the problems mentioned above.
On 15 September 2008, ANT1 dropped the pink branding and launched a new look with a white logo. The logo does not feature the lines above and below the word ANT1.