The ACTRU Premier Division is a rugby union club competition based in Canberra, Australia, and conducted by the region's governing body, the ACT and Southern NSW Rugby Union. It contains four Senior Grades of competition plus Colts, and is competed by the seven ACT Premier Division clubs, plus ADFA, which fields teams in Colts and 3rd Grade only. First Grade teams compete for the John I Dent Cup. The silver cup, which was first played for in 1938, was a gift to the union by the pastoralist John I Dent. The competition finals are now held at Viking Park.
|No. of teams||7|
|Most titles||Canberra Royals|
Premier Division clubsEdit
|Canberra Royals||Canberra||Canberra Rugby Club|
|Gungahlin Eagles||Gungahlin||Gungahlin Enclosed Oval|
|Penrith Emus||Penrith, Sydney||Penrith Rugby Club|
|Queanbeyan Whites||Queanbeyan||Queanbeyan Rugby Club|
|Tuggeranong Vikings||Tuggeranong||Viking Park|
|Uni-Norths Owls||Australian National University||University Oval|
|Wests Lions||Belconnen||Wests Rugby Club|
John I Dent Cup winnersEdit
|2021||Cancelled due to COVID-19 impact. Tuggeranong Vikings were minor premiers.|
|1950||RMC No. 2|
|1948||RMC & Northern Suburbs|
|1941||Eastern Suburbs & RMC|
|1939||Royal Military College (RMC)|
|1938||Royal Military College (RMC)|
- "Club Control – Rugby Union By-Laws". The Canberra Times. 23 March 1938. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Norths' Annual Meeting". The Canberra Times. 27 January 1939. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "John I Dent Cup". Vikings Rugby. 2014. Archived from the original on 28 December 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "2021 Callida Consulting John I Dent Cup season cancelled due to ACT lockdown". Brumbies Rugby. 15 September 2021. Archived from the original on 15 September 2021. Retrieved 16 September 2021.
With the cancellation of the remainder of the season, the 83-year-old John I Dent Cup will not be awarded for the first time since 1944.
- "Dent Cup prepares to move yet again". The Canberra Times. 17 September 1993. Retrieved 27 December 2014.