A. K. Sajan is an Indian screenwriter and film director who is best known for his directorial debut Stop Violence (2002). The movie had debutant Prithviraj Sukumaran and Chandra Lakshman in the lead roles. He is also best known for scripting many superhits in the industry. His notable works include Dhruvam (1993), Butterflies (1993), Kashmeeram (1994), Crime File (1999), Chinthamani Kolacase (2006), Nadiya Kollappetta Rathri (2007) and Puthiya Niyamam (2016). His brother A. K. Santhosh is also a scriptwriter and have scripted various movies like Sooryaputhran, Minnaminuginum Minnukettu, and a Tamil - Malayalam bilingual movie Vande Matharam.
A. K. Sajan
|Years active||1989 – present|
|Relatives||A. K. Santhosh (brother)|
Began his film career as a story writer for some movies in late 1980s. In the early 1990 he pitched the story idea of Dhruvam (1993), and began to pen the script. By mid 1991 with the completed draft he approached Joshiy, and the film started to roll. His next movie Butterflies (1993 film) with Mohanlal also turned out to be a blockbuster. In 1994, Kashmeeram (1994) with Suresh Gopi in the lead emerged as a super hit which reaffirmed stardom for Suresh Gopi. From there on, they both established as a pair and later worked on several films together. Their notable films were Kashmeeram (1994),Crime File (1999), Chinthamani Kolacase (2006) and Nadiya Kollappetta Rathri (2007). His directorial debut was in 2002 with the movie Stop Violence starring Prithviraj Sukumaran in the lead. The movie depicted the life of dark underworld prevailed in the city of Kochi. upon its release it garnered critical acclaim for its bold and realistic approach in making.
|2013||Veedi Kumaranthe Kadha|
|2007||Nadiya Kollappetta Rathri|
|2001||Sharja To Sharja|
- "Gangster Movies In Malayalam That Stayed Loyal To The Genre!". www.filmibeat.com. 4 May 2016. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Malayalam Cinema News | Malayalam Movie Reviews | Malayalam Movie Trailers - IndiaGlitz Malayalam". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Mammootty-Nayanthara film begins filming - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "It's a new genre in M-Town: G Kamaraj - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- thomas, elizabeth (26 October 2015). "Dhruvam, my favourite Malayalam movie: Vikram". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Review : Neeyum Njanum review: It has some nice moments and there are (2019)". www.sify.com. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Nayanthara and Mammootty's acclaimed Malayalam movie Puthiya Niyamam to get a Bollywood remake!". in.com. Archived from the original on 31 March 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "A K Sajan with different projects". www.indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "Osho discipline role played by Biju Menon in his next". News18. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Review: Drona 2010 is disappointing". Rediff. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- Menon, Akhila (10 January 2017). "Mammootty & AK Sajan Are Back Together!". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 11 July 2019.