A. K. Padmanabhan
Padmanabhan hails from Tamil Nadu. He became the Central Committee member of the party and in 20th party congress of CPI(M), held in Calicut in April 2012, he was first elected to the Politburo of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). In June 2013 he visited China as a delegate at the invitation of the Communist Party of China. In 2013, he became the president of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU). Padmanabhan was also re elected into the Politburo in 21st party congress held in Visakhapatnam in April 2015. In 22nd party congress, he was dropped, replaced by Tapan Kumar Sen and remains as a Central Committee member of the party. Presently Padmanabhan is the vice president of Centre of Indian Trade Unions.
- "A.K. Padmanabhan re-elected CITU chief". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 10 April 2013. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 29 July 2019.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Prakash Karat gets third term as CPI(M) General Secretary". NDTV.com. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Karat re-elected CPM general secretary; VS out of politburo". India Today. IANS. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Nair, Sobhana K. (23 April 2018). "CPI(M) central panel has 19 new faces". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "19 new members included in CPI(M) central committee, 2 new faces in politburo". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 22 April 2018. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Full list: CPI(M) newly elected central committee and politburo members". The Indian Express. 22 April 2018. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- Ananth, Venkat; Narayanan, Dinesh (22 November 2018). "Ola, Uber strike: Trade unions see delivery boys, drivers as the new 'oppressed'". The Economic Times. Retrieved 31 July 2019.
|This article about a Communist Party of India (Marxist) politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|