The 9M133M Kornet-M (also known by the export designation 9M133 Kornet-EM) Russian anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) is an improved version of the 9M133 Kornet ATGM, with increased range, fire-and-forget capability, and an improved warhead.
|Place of origin||Russia|
|Used by||See Users|
|Manufacturer||KBP Instrument Design Bureau|
|Mass||31 kg (with launch tube)|
|Warhead||1,300 mm RHA after ERA, Thermobaric|
|Warhead weight||Thermobaric: 7-10 kg equivalent of TNT|
|Maximum speed||300 m/s|
Introduced in 2012, it is equipped with an automatic target tracker, which essentially turns it into a "fire and forget" missile. The automatic target tracker also makes it jamming-resistant. The “fire and forget” capability allows a vehicle equipped with twin launchers to attack two different targets at once, increasing its rate of fire, decreases the number of vehicles needed for a mission, and can defeat vehicles equipped with an active protection system through salvo fire at one target. The system's use of an autotracker can make it more effective against low-flying aerial threats like helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Like the Kornet, the Kornet-M is designed to defeat vehicles with explosive reactive armor via a tandem-warhead. There's also Kornet-M variants equipped with thermobaric warheads.
- "Kornet-EM Anti-Tank Guided Missile System". www.army-technology.com. Army Technology.
- "Комплекс Корнет-Д / Корнет-ЭМ". Сайт militaryrussia.ru. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- The new anti-tank guided missile Kornet-EM is presented at Moscow air Show MAKS-2011 - Armyrecognition.com, 17 August 2011
- Russian Ministry of Defense to finalize the tests of Kornet-EM anti-tank guided missile - Armyrecognition.com, 8 October 2016
- "Russian armed forces to receive Kornet-M and 9K115 Metis-M1 anti-tank-guided missiles TASS 12605161". www.armyrecognition.com. weapons defence industry military technology UK.
- "Bahrain becomes launch customer for Russian Kornet-EM system". Jane's 360.
- Martin, Guy. "Algerian Su-30MKA and Kornet deliveries moving forward - defenceWeb". www.defenceweb.co.za.
- "Saudi Arabia and Russia sign S-400 MOU - Jane's 360". www.janes.com. Archived from the original on 2018-09-25. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Иран скопировал новейшую российскую ракету". 4 December 2016.