This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 679 BC – 670 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 677 BC—Esarhaddon leads the Assyrian army against rebellious Arab tribes, advances as far as the Brook of Egypt.
- 676 BC—Zhou Hui Wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 675 BC—Esarhaddon begins the rebuilding of Babylon
- 674 BC—Esarhaddon puts down a revolt in Ashkelon supported by Taharqa, king of Kush and Egypt. In response, the Assyrians invade Egypt, but Taharqa is able to hold them off.
- 673 BC—Tullus Hostilius becomes the third King of Rome.
- 671 BC—Esarhaddon again invades Egypt, this time successfully, capturing Memphis as well as a number of the royal family.