474th Tactical Fighter Squadron
The references in this article are unclear because of a lack of inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 474th Tactical Fighter Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It last was assigned to the 413th Tactical Fighter Wing, stationed at George Air Force Base, California. It was inactivated on 15 March 1959.
|474th Tactical Fighter Squadron|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
Activated as a 4th F-86H Sabre squadron in late 1957. Primary mission was training for other squadrons in the wing. Upgraded to F-100 Super Sabre in 1958 and became operational squadron. Inactivated, personnel and equipment being re-designated 309th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 31st Tactical Fighter Wing on 15 March 1959.
- Constituted as 474th Fighter-Day Squadron on 1 October 1957
- Activated on 8 October 1957
- Re-designated: 474th Tactical Fighter Squadron on 1 July 1958
- Inactivated on 15 March 1959
- 413th Fighter-Day Wing, 8 October 1957
- Re-designated 413th Tactical Fighter Wing, 1 July 1958 – 15 March 1959
- Attached to: 65th Air Division, 15 November 1958 – 14 March 1959.
- George Air Force Base, California, 8 October 1957 – 15 March 1959
- Operated from: Torrejon AB, Spain, 15 November 1958 – 14 March 1959