The 2023 Louisiana Attorney General election will take place on October 14, 2023, to elect the next attorney general of Louisiana. Incumbent Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry is retiring to run for governor.
Under Louisiana's jungle primary system, all candidates will appear on the same ballot, regardless of party, and voters may vote for any candidate, regardless of their party affiliation.
- John Stefanski, state representative
- Marty Maley, attorney, former assistant district attorney for the 18th judicial district, and candidate for attorney general in 2015
- Liz Murrill, Louisiana Solicitor General
- Jeff Landry, incumbent attorney general (running for governor)
- Tanner Magee, speaker pro tempore of the Louisiana House of Representatives (ran for 1st Circuit Court of Appeal judgeship)
- Federal politicians
- Ralph Abraham, former U.S. Representative for Louisiana's 5th congressional district and candidate for governor in 2019
- Hillar Moore, East Baton Rouge Parish district attorney
- John Belton, district attorney for the 3rd judicial district
|JMC Analytics||March 6–8, 2023||600 (LV)||± 4.0%||13%||2%||10%||7%||68%|
- ^ Rosato, Chris (October 5, 2022). "AG Jeff Landry announces run for governor". WAFB-TV. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ Hillburn, Greg (October 3, 2022). "John Stefanski makes it official, announces campaign team for attorney general". Monroe News-Star. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ Bridges, Tyler (June 25, 2022). "Louisiana Republicans praise Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade ruling at party gathering". The Advocate. Archived from the original on December 11, 2022. Retrieved December 11, 2022.
- ^ Karlin, Sam (October 29, 2021). "A top aide to Jeff Landry is making a bid for attorney general. Will Landry run for governor?". The Advocate. Archived from the original on December 8, 2022. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ Rosato, Chris (October 7, 2022). "3 candidates have their eyes set on becoming next La. attorney general". WAFB. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ "Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry announces he is running for governor". WDSU News. October 5, 2022.
- ^ Blakenship, Chelsey (February 24, 2022). "Latest on Possible Candidates for 2023 Election Cycle". www.louisiananonprofits.org. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ Campo, Colin (July 12, 2022). "State Rep. Tanner Magee of Houma to run for Louisiana appeals court seat". The Houma Courier. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ "Ralph Abraham endorses John Stefanski in 2023 Louisiana attorney general race".
- ^ Duhé, Lester (January 19, 2023). "DA Hillar Moore considering run for Louisiana Governor or Attorney General". WAFB. Retrieved January 28, 2023.
- ^ Hilburn, Greg (March 29, 2021). "Third District Attorney John Belton plans to run for Louisiana Attorney General in 2023". The Daily Advertiser. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- ^ Heckt, Shannon (June 13, 2022). "DA John Belton gives update on Ronald Greene case, bid for Attorney General". www.ktalnews.com. Retrieved December 8, 2022.
- Official campaign websites