2020 coronavirus pandemic in Eritrea
This article is about a current pandemic where information can change quickly or be unreliable. The latest page updates may not reflect the most up-to-date information. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2020 coronavirus pandemic in Eritrea|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Arrival date||21 March 2020|
(2 weeks and 4 days)
On 12 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a novel coronavirus was the cause of a respiratory illness in a cluster of people in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, which was reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019.
As a precautionary measure, the government has urged people not to travel to or from the country, and will be quarantining any incoming travellers who have recently been in China, Italy, South Korea, or Iran.
- "Announcement from the Ministry of Health". www.shabait.com. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- Elsevier. "Novel Coronavirus Information Center". Elsevier Connect. Archived from the original on 30 January 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Reynolds, Matt (4 March 2020). "What is coronavirus and how close is it to becoming a pandemic?". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Archived from the original on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Crunching the numbers for coronavirus". Imperial News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "High consequence infectious diseases (HCID); Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England". GOV.UK. Archived from the original on 3 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "World Federation Of Societies of Anaesthesiologists – Coronavirus". www.wfsahq.org. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Obulutsa, George (21 March 2020). "Angola, Eritrea, Uganda confirm first cases as coronavirus spreads in Africa". National Post. Reuters. Retrieved 22 March 2020.
- "Eritrea Confirms First Coronavirus Case, in Arrival From Norway". The New York Times. 21 March 2020. Retrieved 22 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus-free Eritrea bans all internal, external travel". AfricanNews. 16 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
|This article about COVID-19 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Eritrea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|