2020 Guernsey general election
General elections were scheduled to be held in Guernsey in June 2020. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the election was postponed by a year until 16 June 2021, however in July 2020 the election was brought forward to 7 October 2020. All registered voters will be able to vote at Beau Sejour, and at both Beau Sejour and in the parish in which they are registered.
- 21 August Electoral Roll closes
- 1 September Nomination period opens
- 4 September Nomination period closes
- 25 September deadline for postal vote applications
- 3 October Main Polling Stations open
- 6 October Parish Polling Stations open
- 7 October Polling Day
- 8 October Vote Count
The electoral system was changed as a result of a 2018 referendum. The 38 members of the States will be elected from a single island-wide constituency by plurality-at-large voting, with voters being able to cast up to 38 votes.
- Carpenter, Aaron (2 July 2020). "Election confirmed!". Bailiwick Express.
- Frequency asked questions Election 2020
- Guernsey 2020 election candidate spending capped at £6,000 BBC News, 12 December 2019
- Guernsey 2020 island-wide election date set BBC News, 25 April 2019